+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5772Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Here you go Gut.

How To Level a Washing Machine

You can also use a clear measuring cup with water in it as a makeshift level. If you have a glass one you can see if the liquid is level.

I hope you find a workable solution, Gut!

We had a washing machine years ago that would shimmy and make a horrid noise on the spin cycle, so we'd take turns sitting on it. I still giggle at the thought of my dad sitting on the washer reading a book! We finally got a new one (it was ancient), but it took time before we could just go back to ignoring the washing machine again!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When I left home for the first time, I rented a really old and wornout house with a friend. We were thrilled when someone gave us a washing machine, but between the old house with wavy floors and the junky mackine, we had to sit and watch it because the spin cycle made it 'walk across the floor, so that we would have to push it back every couple of minutes. to keep it from unplugging itself and/or busting the water line.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I know I'll always get help when I need it here. Also glad to hear I'm not the only one that's ever had this problem. I got 2 medium sized loads done (much needed) while wrestling the machine during the spin cycles. The dryer they left in the basement does work. So, yea! I'll work on the leveling after my mom's visit tomorrow and Thurs. Excellent tip about using a glass measuring cup for a level, Unklescott!!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Don't forget to level from side to side. We had to tighten a belt on the washing tub that had come loose.
    Have a fun visit with your Mom.

My mom is here visiting. We went to a car appointment to fix a leaky tire, continued on to my oncology appt. to get a clean bill of health, went to an apple farm and fed ground apples to the pigs at the petting zoo, went to the grocery store for dinner ingredients, walked around the yard taking pictures of the house, had a drinky-poo, and now she's taking a nap.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Glad your visit is going well, Gutmutter, and that you got a clean bill of health!!

A big on the oncology report.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4084134;
    My mom is here visiting. We went to a car appointment to fix a leaky tire, continued on to my oncology appt. to get a clean bill of health, went to an apple farm and fed ground apples to the pigs at the petting zoo, went to the grocery store for dinner ingredients, walked around the yard taking pictures of the house, had a drinky-poo, and now she's taking a nap.
    heh heh heh she said drinky poo... congrats on that clean bill from oncology
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gut. So glad to hear about your clean bill of health. Hope you enjoyed your drinky poo

+ Reply to Thread