+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh geesh, Gut! "Kids"...

Unk and Gut, maybe it's just me (probably), but I love that one bright tie-dye spiral bedclothes design and would use it in my home. Not the whole house, LOL, and no thank you to the "Goldie on Laugh-In flower" designs.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Take care, Lil Bit. It is great that your husband is there for you and that Roxie is enjoying your down time. I hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4081183;
    Thanks everyone. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal either, but it's surprising how tired I am. I'm feeling better today. My husband has been taking good care of me, and Roxie has been in second heaven just laying around in bed with mommy all weekend.
    Having that cutie with you must help just a wee bit even if only spiritually.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I hope someone can help me. I just got a used washing machine delivered that someone donated. It works fine except that I have to brace it with my body during the spin cycle or I'm afraid it will break the windows it jerks around so hard. Is this a simple fix... adjusting/wedging something or other? It would be pretty funny if I had to physically stand there and wrestle with it every time I did a load of wash!
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4081618;
    I hope someone can help me. I just got a used washing machine delivered that someone donated. It works fine except that I have to brace it with my body during the spin cycle or I'm afraid it will break the windows it jerks around so hard. Is this a simple fix... adjusting/wedging something or other? It would be pretty funny if I had to physically stand there and wrestle with it every time I did a load of wash!

This has happened to me quite a bit. I find if I don't overload the washer and make sure that clothes of the same weight are evenly distributed throughout the basket, I don't usually have the banging and clanging going on during the spin cycle. I have had my machine move away from the wall as it is doing its spin dance. Hope this helps.

I have this issue, but not quite to the extreme that you do Gut, and my problem is the floor. At our old house, it was in the basement on a cement floor. Now it is in a first floor laundry room on a regular floor above a basement. I thought something had been damaged in the move, but the repairman said that it was just making the floor bounce slightly. My options were A-move it to the basement, B-reinforce the floor, or C-ignore it and shut the door. I choose C and do as Eastcoastmom suggested and make sure the loads are as balanced as possible. That was over ten years ago and it is still working fine and nothing has shaken loose. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!!! )
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4081618;
    Sorry to double post.

Gut, don't forget to make sure that it is level. Mine can be tipped forward onto the front legs and the back legs self-level.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Gutmutter - I envy your daughter. I've always wanted to go to Venice and ride in a "boat thingie." It sounds like she's having a great time and making lots of memories.

As for the washer, did you try adjusting the legs? I think sometimes that helps.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks everyone. I did a little search and like you said... I'm used to my washer being in the basement and this is on the first floor. I did tilt it forward to let the back legs self-adjust, but didn't notice that it helped much. The next step is to go out and buy a level. Actually my next step is to shim the side I suspect to be off and if that helps, adjust that "foot". For now (since I REALLY need to do laundry) I'm doing small loads and hugging/wrestling the machine during the spin wash.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never done it, but I know the front feet on my washer can be adjusted by twisting...kind of like a nut on a bolt. Besides this, making sure my load is evenly distributed makes all things good. The lady across the street adjusted mine for me, so it's a no-brainer, IMO. No muscle required.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread