+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4079332;
    I am absolutely green around the gills.
    Shay,

Hope all's well now and that you are renewing your relationship with Fudge Ripple!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

One problem to report with my new hippie lounge mattress/couch... when I get comfy on it to watch tv, I fall asleep! I've never had a tv in my bedroom, and this isn't my bedroom, but I may have to invest in a comfy tv-watching chair for that room if I want to make it through an entire show after 7:00.
    Count your blessings!

For me, the trick is not to lay down (sit up).

Your body is smarter than you think. You must have been tired, and it knows that lounge is a mattress!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4080364;
    Wow Unklescott! That will wake you up in the morning. I have a Grateful Dead rainbow mandala wall hanging I could hang, but I have an artwork series hanging along the adjacent wall that would be over-powered. Lots to do this weekend. Today is dump day, so I will start with carefully taking down the ceiling tiles in the basement that have mold on them, and bagging up stuff from the shed that has to go. I want to do yard work, move assorted dressers and trunks where they need to go so I can finally put my clothes away in some sort of order. I've been living out of suitcases and piles. I have paperwork and bills that need to be dealt with. But mostlly, I want to just enjoy my home. I'll have to have someone over for a glass of wine.
    And you wonder why you fell asleep after you finally stopped to relax? Your new house enthusiasm has inspired me to use every bit of my days off of work on making the most of my own cute house (our houses would look good together!) I am going to plant bulbs today and spruce up around here. Why not?

I've spent the whole weekend just laying around and recuperating. I had a D & C on Friday, and it took a lot out of me. (no pun intended )
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Take your time, and take good care of yourself. Don't be afraid to make people be at your beck and call! It's kind of fun, and you deserve it!

(But, don't forget to say "Thank you!")
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4081105;
    I've spent the whole weekend just laying around and recuperating. I had a D & C on Friday, and it took a lot out of me. (no pun intended )
    Lil Bit,

Take care of yourself.
    Those do tend to take a lot out of us, afterwards. Hope all is better now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4081105;
    I know what you mean! I had one -- gosh -- a couple of decades ago. It seemed like no big deal, but I was so tired for days afterwards.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks everyone. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal either, but it's surprising how tired I am. I'm feeling better today. My husband has been taking good care of me, and Roxie has been in second heaven just laying around in bed with mommy all weekend.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Well, there's your silver lining. Take care.
    My daughter who is doing her fall semester in Italy, called me from a pay phone in Venice last night. She and 2 friends decided to go for the weekend. She said she rode in one of those "boat thingies" and had an incredible 3-hour meal (they're culinary students). She said they had a reservation at a hostel, but couldn't find it so they were planning to just stay up all night... that's when the phone ran out of money.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread