+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5805Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4078324;
    Peeve (and I still miss that thread): If you google the phrase "pet peive", you get 3,960 responses .
    Rattus: there is a thread on fun/games called "I hate it when..." and it is a good place to let it all hang out!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I start the cleansing for my colonoscopy today. I didn't realize that I will be foodless ALL DAY today!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

^Oh, you will be in my thoughts today! Hang in there. You can do it.

*TMI alert* ...I went through that prep process back in my 20's, and I recall that I really didn't want to eat afterwards bacause I felt so light and airy and squeaky clean.

You know, had I realized that I was foodless today with mostly clear liquids, I would have eaten a bit more yesterday. I didn't really have a meal yesterday. What a dumb-arse! I kickoff the fun liquids at 2 pm EST! Fudge ripple!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4079074;
    You know, had I realized that I was foodless today with mostly clear liquids, I would have eaten a bit more yesterday. I didn't really have a meal yesterday. . .
    Actually, that's a good thing. "Flushtini Day" is easier after a day or two of eating very lightly.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Shay, good luck!

QueenB,
    great news about the pet beds!! And, I hope you've found Ringo by now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4071308;
    In the United States, free range chicken eggs are not regulated; they do not need to come from free range chickens, it's an unregulated marketing label only. There are no requirements which must be met by producers who sell eggs as free range, and so paying these higher prices is just throwing money away. Know what you're paying for. Do your own research.
    And even 'free range chickens" are only required to have 'some access" to outside, even if it's just a window or tiny area to go out which might be anything from pasture to gravel or concrete. There are no rules that give more space per chicken than for any other farming method.
    Again, research. methods

If you are talking about eggs or chickens raised right where you buy them, and you see how they are cared for, great. I have a friend whose chickens have the run of the farm and they are much better tasting, and I'm happy to pay more on the occasion al trip there.. if you can't see for yourself, though, suit yourself, but personally I will not pay more for commercially raised so called free range poultry/eggs that still come from factory farms, and are not even legally required to fe farmed by organic.
    This is so true! As my son recently pointed out to me, the label "Free Range" can mean that they left the cage door open for 5 mins. a day. Look for eggs from "pastured" hens.

You can tell the difference immediately when you use them. Farm fresh eggs from chickens who roam/forage all day, and only sleep in their coop and nest there, are heavier. They have more viscous whites and yolks, and cook a little differently. The yolks are a darker yellow, too, in my experience. They are worth every extra penny you spend on them. Where I live in PA, they cost about $6 a dozen if you buy right from the farm.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I am absolutely green around the gills.

Sorry 'shay... This time tomorrow it will all be over.
    I indulged in shopping therapy today. I'm on a high! My mom is coming to visit on Wednesday and by a coinkydink it is mattress sale weekend (Columbus Day). It has been a dream of mine to have a hippie lounge area with a box spring/mattress on the floor, lots of pillows and throws, a low table, book case, etc. I have a perfect room for it now. OMG - I love my house!!!!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4079451;
    Sorry 'shay... This time tomorrow it will all be over.
    I indulged in shopping therapy today. I'm on a high! My mom is coming to visit on Wednesday and by a coinkydink it is mattress sale weekend (Columbus Day). It has been a dream of mine to have a hippie lounge area with a box spring/mattress on the floor, lots of pillows and throws, a low table, book case, etc. I have a perfect room for it now. OMG - I love my house!!!!!!!
    Orgy at Gut's house!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread