+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Headed out in about 1/2 hour. Wish us luck. One truck, no air conditioing, no radio, 2 dogs and a trailer. Queenb, may be calling you for bail money somewhere in Georgia. :-)

Dogs definetly know somethings up. They've been sniffing their "luggage" and looking for their food and water bowls I took up about 20 min. ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good luck MRD....glad you have your dogs back with you!

Shyra your avatar always cracks me up.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD, I made sure to be ready all day; since I heard nothing, I assume you are ok!
    We went to a thing called poochfest today to show and try to sell my pet beds; managed to come home short 2, which was fine, as I didn't really have enough of a size for bigger than ytoy dogs. i got lots of interest, though. I will post a picture later of the cutest doggies on one of the beds.
    For right now, though bad news; my AC had frozen up and it was sweltering in here, so I opened a window for a little while last night. It has now become obvious that Ringo must have jumped out, and I can't find him. I think I'' go ride around the block one more time before bed.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Did you find Ringo?
    I'm having the opposite problem here... we had our first night cold enough for the heat to come on. I have an oil furnace with hot water baseboard heat - the same thing I had at my old house. The problem is when the heat runs the gurgling and running of water is LOUD! I don't remember that being the case in my other house. I even got up in the middle of the night with a flashlight to make sure something hadn't sprung a leak in the basement. It sounds like all the water is entering and draining every time the heat kicks in. I thought it was a closed system that just cycled through. Does anyone know enough about this to advise me? Should I call the furnace/plumber guy to ask or is that just the nature of the beast?
    Count your blessings!

Sounds like it might be low on water and/or you need air bled out of the system. Call the furnace guy for a definite answer though unless you feel comfortable checking this out. I would give you more details but not having ever seen your heating plant I would be foolish to advise.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4075607;
    Did you find Ringo?
    I'm having the opposite problem here... we had our first night cold enough for the heat to come on. I have an oil furnace with hot water baseboard heat - the same thing I had at my old house. The problem is when the heat runs the gurgling and running of water is LOUD! I don't remember that being the case in my other house. I even got up in the middle of the night with a flashlight to make sure something hadn't sprung a leak in the basement. It sounds like all the water is entering and draining every time the heat kicks in. I thought it was a closed system that just cycled through. Does anyone know enough about this to advise me? Should I call the furnace/plumber guy to ask or is that just the nature of the beast?
    Yeah, you probably should have that checked. As an aside, I have to say as much as I end up loving where I live, the first year is always a bit stressful. It takes a while to figure out all the aches and pains of a house. I had to locate a water shut off in the weirdest spot ever. Also, whenever my husband's seat hits a plane seat for business travel is the time when something major breaks/leaks/etc. The real estate people can never believe that while he is wandering around the rooms, I am in the basement finding the location for breakers, gas and water shut off, looking at furnaces and hot water heaters

Gut, was there a home inspection done prior to closing? Just curious because if so, maybe somehow you could get reimbursement for service/repairs.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4075672;
    Yeah, you probably should have that checked. As an aside, I have to say as much as I end up loving where I live, the first year is always a bit stressful. It takes a while to figure out all the aches and pains of a house. I had to locate a water shut off in the weirdest spot ever. Also, whenever my husband's seat hits a plane seat for business travel is the time when something major breaks/leaks/etc. The real estate people can never believe that while he is wandering around the rooms, I am in the basement finding the location for breakers, gas and water shut off, looking at furnaces and hot water heaters
    Isn't that the truth... it seems as though everytime Mr.ing , goes out of town, not so much the house, but the cows and or bull go crazy. Last time the crazy bull next field, tried to break through our fence to fight our bull. What a mess, I finally got our cattle in the barn lot.

queenb Ringo is probably close by and watching you hunt for him. Have you tried just sitting outside, mine usually will appear if I do that.
    Glad you sold 2 beds.

Peeve (and I still miss that thread): If you google the phrase "pet peive", you get 3,960 responses .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread