+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6244Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ellen, that is very nice! Mr. C and I are sort of in that mode, too. We are celebrating our wonderful garden harvest by cooking great meals, and enjoying the mild warm weather before winter hits (sorry, I know it is extra hot in your locale!) Our house is a work in progress, but decluttering is a way of life for us now. We are not fully there yet, but it is getting better all the time.

Rearranging furniture is always fun! Buddy the cat ends up a little confused, but he gets used to it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4072402;
    ...enjoying the mild warm weather before winter hits (sorry, I know it is extra hot in your locale!)...
    No problem. Actually, it was extra hot yesterday, but today it cooled down a bit and the high this afternoon was a chilly 80-something!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did anyone, besides me, take that religion quiz that they were talking about on the national news yesterday? It was a test of religious facts of different religions. Only 15 questions. I did much better than I thought I would, but I still scored below the agnostics and athiests. Maybe I was paying more attention than I thought when I was in school, in spite of my intentions! I gave myself a pat on the back! If anyone is interested, I can send you the link.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just took it-- 80%, and my holes mostly had to do with Asian religions... I think school and the media had a lot to do with that.

Do you have a link to it? I'd like to take it. Or search words.
    Count your blessings!

features dot pewforum dot org slash quiz slash us-religious-knowledge
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

The four of us all took the test and did quite well. There was only one that I wasn't sure about, but could narrow it down to two answers and guessed right. My kids credited their high school sophomore global studies teacher for their good scores.

I wouldn't have done so well if I'd been one of those given the quiz over the phone. I'm a visual person, not an aural one.

I'd like to see all of the 32 questions.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I got them all right, but then I teach world religions.
    Count your blessings!

I got 13/15. The two I missed were about Christianity!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think it is great that both Gut and Mrd have something good to be obsessed over.
    It is encouraging me to do some much needed decluttering.
    12/15 and I was probably drawing instead of paying attention.

+ Reply to Thread