+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4070149;
    Wild Turkey flasks? Hmm. Maybe the speakeasy offered take-out?
    Thank you for starting my day with a laugh!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4070284;
    I'll join that toast.

Unckescott -- you have a fabulous sense of humor.

Got the fans going and bringing in the cool morning air. Like yesterday, it's predicted to be 95+ here at the coast, and 108 or so inland. We don't have a/c in our apartment, and normally don't need it. Except for maybe 10–15 days here and there when we have a Santa Ana, as with yesterday and today. Oh well -- at least it's only for a couple days.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Update on my friend who wanted to get married and I was afraid she was going to ask me to be the matron of honor....they've decided not to get married because he will lose VA benefits and he has serious, long-term health issues. Thank Goodness!! Also, somebody we know has put an ugly message on a website saying that she just talked to him a month ago and told him that he needed to "move on"...she also added that my friend had better hide her cash, and keep a lock on her checkbook! Called my friend just to make sure that she knew that this post was out there for all to see; didn't want her to be the last one to know it was there. She knew, and has decided that it is just a case of sour grapes, and she is not concerned about it. OK by me, just so long as she knew that it was out there. I hope she is right!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4070433;
    Got the fans going and bringing in the cool morning air. Like yesterday, it's predicted to be 95+ here at the coast, and 108 or so inland. We don't have a/c in our apartment, and normally don't need it. Except for maybe 1015 days here and there when we have a Santa Ana, as with yesterday and today. Oh well -- at least it's only for a couple days.
    It was 106 yesterday.
    We actually went up to Ojai where it was even hotter.
    It's predicted to last through next week.
    And they're saying the temps will go between 105 - 113.
    I'm dreaming about when I can start using my crockpot. I want fall weather already.
    The good news is that it's dry, no humidity, but at that temp. it's just hard to even be thankful for low humidity
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh my... we've had a heat break... this weekend was nice and today its 66 degrees.

According to the thermometer, it's down to 94. Brrrrr. Time to put on a jacket!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My daughter called me from Italy through Skype today. She's been offered a job for next summer at the resort where they are now. She may just stay after that. She loves it there.
    Count your blessings!

Good for her.
    She'll enjoy it.

Our temp went up to 113 degrees today - an all time record.
    It's even hot at the beach.
    Can't wait for it to end.....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We have laying hens. They just started laying eggs a couple of weeks ago and they are now big enough to sell. A woman that I used to work with told me that when we had some eggs to sell, to let her know, so I called her today and told her we had eggs. She asked how much they were. I told her $1.00 a dozen. She kind of hesitated and said, "That much? Well, I still have some in my frig so I'll let you know." Wow! Just Wow! Farm fresh, cage free eggs and she thinks a buck a dozen is too expensive. I told my husband that if we can't get at least that much, I'd throw them down the disposal!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread