Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hooray, Gut! I am very happy for you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't that one of the reasons that God invented computers and the internet so that people like Gut and I could stress-shop? Strange....that's the way I have always understood it!

No trouble at all!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Gutmutter;4069901;]................I took the dog and my clippers into the woods, clearing the path for easy walking until I found a stash of dozens of Wild Turkey small, flat bottles.....

Gut -- somebody had good taste. That stuff is frightfully expensive!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4070065;
    Isn't that one of the reasons that God invented computers and the internet so that people like Gut and I could stress-shop? Strange....that's the way I have always understood it!

No trouble at all!
    Shay -- do you find the sizes of things you get on catalogs to be true. This is what bothers me is ordering and then having to pay to send it back if it does not look right or fit right. I'd be interested to know where you've had luck in this venture. If you don't want to put the names out there, please PM me. Thanks.

Wild Turkey flasks? Hmm. Maybe the speakeasy offered take-out?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4069901;
    Oh, I can stress shop right here on my laptop
    Let me tell you about my day... I got up early and drank my coffee looking out into my new "church" - the view of the woods out my back picture window. Then I got a car load full from the place I've been staying all summer and organized what was left into one more load. I timed it so I picked up my Little Sister on the way back. We got a drive-thru McD's breakfast which we ate at my house looking out the back view. We explored the 3 rooms of the outbuilding. In the two bottom rooms we found bags and bags of potting soil - good for the bulbs I just ordered from a 5th grade fundraiser to put in where they dug up my front yard looking for an underground oil tank. Lots and lots of garden tools and rolls of tarpaper. In the other downstairs room there are two huge treasure chests mostly filled with mildewed yarn and mouse nests. Also some cabinets and a mirror cabinet that fits in the empty hole over my bathroom sink. Very fancy oval mirror. Upstairs were lots of tools and hardware and assorted "stuff". I let her take home a painted plaster scene with foxes and she was thrilled. After dropping her off, I got the last load of my stuff, leaving a container of my famous rumballs and a heart-felt card/note with the keys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Then I drove home (!) and had TWO margaritas!!! as I looked at the woods with leaves falling, a meadow in the mid-distance and dancing trees in the far distance. I took the dog and my clippers into the woods, clearing the path for easy walking until I found a stash of dozens of Wild Turkey small, flat bottles and a large metal bowl... ? for a fire? Not sure. So I have all my STUFF piled in the outer room waiting to be given a chosen spot in my new home. OMG - Life is good.
    I an SO happy for you. And you sound so happy. Amazing how things work out isn't it. I am smiling just reading all about your new place and the treasures you are discovering.

I too started moving this weekend Got the new bed, got the new bedding (clearance, got to love it) on it. Bedroom is much bigger than it looked empty. Got all clothes and shoes and purses transferred and most of food.
    Have packed suitcase for flight up on Wed. and have just enough left here for 3 days of clothes and makeup. And some odds and ends Will take everything else over on Wed. morning before flight so when we arrive on Sat. it will all be there.
    Can't wait to get my doggies.

And I too love free stuff. Got free washer and dryer and sofa.

Gut, here's to us and many happy times in our new homes.

Heard from husband and ac went out in house up there, fortunately they finally got a cool front. I will be staying there Wed. through Sat. morning. But we are driving his truck with no ac and no radio pullling a uhaul 10+ hours with two dogs. I may need bail money somewhere in S. Georgia.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I internet impulse shop because I stay out of the stores so I won't spend money. But the damn internet makes it too easy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Have a good trip MRD - I hope the conversation fills in nicely in the silence of no radio...such an adventure!

FORT Fogey

MRD -- been following your posts. My solution for the car is my Walkman,a couple of CDs and a set of earphones. I just plug it in the cigarette lighter and voila. My DH listens to talk radio all the time and I can take about two minutes of THAT and no more. He can't stand my spa music so when I drive he opens up his laptop. Just an idea; hope it is helpful.

Good luck to you; you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4070213;
    Gut, here's to us and many happy times in our new homes.
    I'll join that toast.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4070213;
    I may need bail money somewhere in S. Georgia.

+ Reply to Thread