+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good to know. I still want a king size mattress and box spring for my hippie lounge area. Tonight I have a twin mattress on a twin long box spring, so a little extra sticking out at the end. It's on the floor, but it was donated for free. I'll see if I can find a twin long frame. I know that's what they use in dorms, but I have no idea if you can find them at a furniture store or the places you mentioned. I have my cat and dog here. I left the door open so the cat could explore, but now that I want to close it, every time I head for the door she sprints ahead and goes out. I come back in and she follows. It's like she doesn't want to be closed into the house, but she's fine to be in here as long as she knows the door is open. I got the tv hooked up and one of the channels isn't coming in and another one is really fuzzy, so I'll have to call the cable company and see what they can do about that. So first night in my new house! The furnace and hot water are working. Yea!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Got the mammogram today. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't quite as bad as I remember. The best part about it was that it was quick, and it was around the corner from home. I can't remember the last time I had one. That's pitiful. Now we wait for the radiologist's interpretation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good Luck on the mammo, Shay.
    I have to confess I was ecstatic when my PCP told me I could skip a year. I had a couple of questionable ones that required me to go in every 6 months, but they found that all was OK.
    Thank G*d.
    When you're very cystic, like I am, they hurt like the dickens.

Gut,

Glad you've got a bed and hot water and your animals. Life is good, huh?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gutmutter, it is so nice to hear that you are home at last. And good that you can take on some donations of stuff people probably are happy to get rid of! A win-win situation.

I don't know how I'd do it without the donations. I got the bed, kitchen stove, and washing machine from different teachers at my school. Our vice-principal has all her mother's furniture stored at her house and has offered for me to come and take whatever I want. I need to get stuff placed where it's going to go before I do that, but wow!
    The first night went well. The dog got restless around 11 and then again around 1. I got up and let him out both times. Other than that I slept from 9-5 and am ready to get the rest of my stuff from my friend's house and start "decorating".
    Count your blessings!

There is nothing better than somebody being interested in and wanting of stuff we've got stored and want to get rid of! Money is not the object...getting rid of it is. I love being on either end of the "free" to a good home" stuff! I'm looking to change the decor in my living room to leather, and will give away the current stuff to whomever will bring my new stuff (for free) and take away my old. I think I've got a taker! Nothing like bartering!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So many people stress-eat. I've decided that I stress-shop! Can't believe it's taken me this long to realize that. This is obviously why I stay away from malls. I can totally lose control.

I stress shop, too 'shay. Not good.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

When you guys get older, shopping becomes such a P*A that you will lose your desire to stress-shop.

On the other hand, if I am stressed or anxious and try to shop, I buy nothing even if it is something I would like.

So, which is worse?

Oh, I can stress shop right here on my laptop
    Let me tell you about my day... I got up early and drank my coffee looking out into my new "church" - the view of the woods out my back picture window. Then I got a car load full from the place I've been staying all summer and organized what was left into one more load. I timed it so I picked up my Little Sister on the way back. We got a drive-thru McD's breakfast which we ate at my house looking out the back view. We explored the 3 rooms of the outbuilding. In the two bottom rooms we found bags and bags of potting soil - good for the bulbs I just ordered from a 5th grade fundraiser to put in where they dug up my front yard looking for an underground oil tank. Lots and lots of garden tools and rolls of tarpaper. In the other downstairs room there are two huge treasure chests mostly filled with mildewed yarn and mouse nests. Also some cabinets and a mirror cabinet that fits in the empty hole over my bathroom sink. Very fancy oval mirror. Upstairs were lots of tools and hardware and assorted "stuff". I let her take home a painted plaster scene with foxes and she was thrilled. After dropping her off, I got the last load of my stuff, leaving a container of my famous rumballs and a heart-felt card/note with the keys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Then I drove home (!) and had TWO margaritas!!! as I looked at the woods with leaves falling, a meadow in the mid-distance and dancing trees in the far distance. I took the dog and my clippers into the woods, clearing the path for easy walking until I found a stash of dozens of Wild Turkey small, flat bottles and a large metal bowl... ? for a fire? Not sure. So I have all my STUFF piled in the outer room waiting to be given a chosen spot in my new home. OMG - Life is good.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread