+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OH! You would think he's past the friend stage then. Its such an uncomfortable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4066718;
    I never had a test that was not covering my BACK, and that hurt like holy hell! Like you, allergy shots never worked for me either. In fact, I couldn't stop sneezing after I had taken them.

New Dilemma!!! My ex- just called and asked me out!!! This is not the first time. What is wrong with this man???
    Well, I finally stuck with them the third time... the allergies are better (I'm on one medication instead of two, and I can go to the park without tears running down my face), but far from gone.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4066976;
    I got rid of him in 1993!!!
    Wow!! 17 years.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess!!
    Though, in your case, the opposite would be true!
    Well, I guess, if nothing else, a boost to the ego, hopefully!!???
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Super Harvest Moon: Autumn phenomenon is a rare treat - CNN.com

CNN) -- Tonight is the night of the Super Harvest Moon.

It's the last day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, the beginning of the autumn season and it perfectly coincides with a full moon tonight. And it's the first time in almost 20 years that the stars have aligned for an event like this. (We fully acknowledge that the moon is not a star but it's not very often we get to use the phrase in such close context).

When the summer sun starts setting this evening, it will blend with the rising autumn moon to produce a unique "360-degree style" twilight. The two low-in-the-sky light sources mix together and illuminate the sky all around you, unlike than the typical one-at-a-time approach you see when you drive home from work. And it's from this extra twilight lighting that the Harvest Moon gained its place in the celestial calendar. With farmers depending on moonlight to harvest their crops they would note the autumnal full moon. Thus the phenomenon's name.

Be sure to take a good long look at the moon as it travels across the sky tonight, because you may notice that it looks a little different. According to NASA's Dr. Tony Phillips, you'll see the "moon illusion" at work. It will look abnormally large -- an optical illusion that comes about when the moon sits lower than usual in the sky.

It's not the first time that the moon has matched up to the calendar and created an event like this, but it's the closest. In fact, the time between the official autumnal equinox (11:09 p.m. September 22, according to Science@NASA) and the full illumination of the Harvest Moon is down to only a handful of hours -- just six. This is quite a drop considering that the full moon more commonly makes its full appearance days or weeks on either side of the equinox.

The closest its came to this in the past was September 23, 1991, but even then it was a 10-hour difference, and according to Science@NASA we won't see it like this again until the year 2029.

So be sure to take advantage of the extra hours of moonlight and cram in that extra harvest work, or maybe just enjoy the show; either way you should definitely take a look in the sky tonight.

GuardianAngel - I'd love for you to post my pics. I'll PM you. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

Congrats on the new house Gut. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

My furnace guy called me at 7 a.m. to let me know I needed to get oil in the tank so they could test the furnace/heating today. I was on my way to work, so no big deal, but who makes a business call at 7 a.m.?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've dealt with companies that start early and definitely will make a 7 a.m. call. One of my contractors used to arrive right after 7, in fact. A pain? Yes, but worth it....? Yes! I remember my roofers arriving between 7:30 and 8:00 and, sitting (crammed in the truck like sardines) until exactly 8:00. I think that, with this economy, nobody is taking any chances. It's like they're all running around lifting their legs, marking their territories.

I seem to have started my Christmas shopping FOR ME already. I've treated myself to a Hoover FloorMate. It is being shipped from Overstock.com via UPS. The bottle of solution is coming from Lexington, KY, and the machine is coming from Salt Lake City, UT. Good Grief! And I'm seriously looking at a Dyson Animal Vacuum Cleaner, but I haven't made that move yet. I think I must be stressed over these medical tests. I called yesterday to schedule a mammogram, never expecting that I'd be on the books for TOMORROW! The only good part about that is that I arrive there at 10:45 and should be in by 11:00 for my procedure. Zip-zap-ouchie over!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The last time I had a mammogram, I went from my drs. appt. right over to radiology to schedule the mammogram. The lady said, "Well, we have time right now." I didn't want to, but I did and was glad that I got it over with. Mammograms aren't really that bad. At least since I lost weight. They were much worse when I was "bigger".
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Zac's cousins had some t-shirts made up for The Light The Night Walk this year. They did an awesome job!

+ Reply to Thread