+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4061041;
    Shay, I was scared, too, when I had mine last year. None of it was as bad as I was anticipating. The prep wasn't horrible -- no cramping, just having to walk (not run, which I was dreading) to the bathroom often. And my gastroenterology office, as standard procedure, gives everyone light anesthesia -- so I slept through the whole thing. They found and removed two tiny (the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen) polyps, thus preventing that particular possibility of cancer. The only trauma was the bill afterwards: a $500 copay.
    I slept through my colonoscopy too, Ellen. It's over before you know it. If I had the choice of being partly awake or asleep, Id definitely choose to be put out again.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

So far today, I've taken 4 loads of stuff to the house, got the fridge delivered, wiped down every drawer, door, and shelf, and counter in the kitchen, had the town turn the water on (but the plumber has to do his stuff before I have running water), plugged in the phone, went to the cable co. to pay for hook-up tomorrow, 2 trips to WalMart, ordered new checks at the bank, did the change of address at the P.O. Very productive day so far. Listening to Puccini on my CD player in the house, and running the air purifier to freshen the air. Tomorrow is delivery of a very cool "street clock" (google image it) and cable hook-up. Thurs. a friend with a truck and a strong husband is helping me move heavy stuff. This weekend I'll start on yard work. There's a lot to do, but it's all very exciting.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4065823;
    So far today, I've taken 4 loads of stuff to the house, got the fridge delivered, wiped down every drawer, door, and shelf, and counter in the kitchen, had the town turn the water on (but the plumber has to do his stuff before I have running water), plugged in the phone, went to the cable co. to pay for hook-up tomorrow, 2 trips to WalMart, ordered new checks at the bank, did the change of address at the P.O. Very productive day so far. Listening to Puccini on my CD player in the house, and running the air purifier to freshen the air. Tomorrow is delivery of a very cool "street clock" (google image it) and cable hook-up. Thurs. a friend with a truck and a strong husband is helping me move heavy stuff. This weekend I'll start on yard work. There's a lot to do, but it's all very exciting.
    Whew! I'm tired just reading about your productive day! Best of luck and I wish you much happiness in your new home. It's adorable!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4065823;
    So glad that all the trials and tribulations have worked out for you. Looks like an adorable place, and I'm sure you'll love making it your very own! Best wishes for much happiness there.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

*yawn* After my busy "moving" day, I taught swimming lessons at the Y and now I'm at Open House at school. None of the parents are following the schedule so it's very confusing. I have 150 students and of course each parent wants a personal report on their child (which is not the purpose of open house). I'm ready to go home and go to bed.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Wow, I am tired just reading all that Gut. But I am so happy for you. I can read between the lines how excited adn happy you are.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4066114;
    ...I have 150 students and of course each parent wants a personal report on their child (which is not the purpose of open house)...
    Ain't that a blessing and curse all in one! I was always happy when parents took interest in their children's progress, but frustrated when it was all at once and not something like parent-teacher conferences when I was adequately prepared and it was all one-by-one. But of course, the parents I *really* wanted (and needed) to give a detailed report to at any given time never showed for anything. I'm sure you know the type.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4065788;
    I found that to be a very un-fun, but necessary thing to do. You can even have a reaction while it's happening, but they monitor you closely and are ready for whatever may come.
    Oh yes, allergy testing is a special slice of Hell. I tried to start getting allergy shots in college, which didn't end up working out, so I had to get tested a couple different times so they knew what to mix for my injections. My current allergist just did the scratch test on my forearms, which is uncomfortable enough all on its own if you're allergic to a lot of different things, but one allergist I went to did the scratch test on my back and then retested the negatives on my arm. It was about the only time I've ever been happy to have so many environmental allergies, but you should have seen the look on my face when the nurse walked in with twenty syringes.

This might be an old school suggestion, but I read long ago that if you daily eat a teaspoon of honey that was gathered within a 35 mile radious of your home or where you spend the most time...it helps a lot. Obviously with allergies to pollen, mostly. But maybe more (like toxins)?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Wow Gutmutter! And I thought I was busy! It sounds like you're having fun making your new nest, though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread