+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5844Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Whoa, that is so cool! All structures/places have a history...have you heard any jazz music or smelled cigarette smoke, or...smelled booze?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Ooh -- a stash of bathtub gin! Or finely aged and untouched bootlegged whiskey. Damn, this would make for a good screenplay...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

While she is sleeping or doing whatever, our minds will run wild...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

MRD

Hmmn, you may want to rethink digging up that tank. It might be full of bathtub gin!

Love that you found that. Can't wait to hear what all else you discover once you are living there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4062691;
    Hmmn, you may want to rethink digging up that tank. It might be full of bathtub gin!

Love that you found that. Can't wait to hear what all else you discover once you are living there.
    LOL! Really, this is inspiration for a screenplay. I wrote one, once, for a film major with some limited amount of success (for student films). But this could be fun. And given the crappy economy and my business slowdown ... hmmm ...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4062692;
    LOL! Really, this is inspiration for a screenplay. I wrote one, once, for a film major with some limited amount of success (for student films). But this could be fun. And given the crappy economy and my business slowdown ... hmmm ...
    Then you MUST cast the real estate agent after one we refer to as the RW. You can guess what the "W" stands for, rhymes with store. She is 50's and has outrageous red hair and wears very tight clothing. She was at a meeting in a leopard print tight mini skirt. Black blouse, black stilleto's, leopard print beret and sunglasses she never took off and was carrying a poodle. I am NOT making this up. We wanted to try to take a picture with the phone, but who could tell where she was looking with those glasses on. And this is not an unusual outfit for her. The poodle was new though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It sounds like that web site "People at WalMart"...[shudder]...although I have been known to venture out in not totally acceptable attire...I believe in casual, comfortable, and I love colors.

Gut, I am so happy for you! Your home is about to happen, thank goodness. It will be fun to read about your new adventures. I am glad it is working out. I hope the tank can go away in an easy manner.

I love all of you here. Thank you for helping me to keep it light and fun. I'm sure you know how easy it is to get caught up in the little things going wrong or the "list of things to do". I really love this property. There is a funky two story outbuilding with great potential, an eaves room the length of the house that's carpeted with lots of storage space, a path out into the woods. If you really are writing that screenplay, I can add some characters. A teacher friend of mine who retired last year came this week to bless the house. She had gotten salt blessed and read St. Michael's prayer over and over while she had me sprinkling salt around the perimeter of every room. My realtor is 6'3" or 4" and a true gem, a gentle giant. Sometimes he seems slow because when you ask him a question he PAUSES TO THINK before he answers. How rare is that? A ballsy young plumber who quoted $8,000 for a furnace when I had two other estimates for $4K and another huge amount (thousands) as a worst case estimate if the pipes are split where the other guy said maybe as high as $600. The old lady next door whose family owned it originally and is still in touch with the people who stole the furnace and kitchen faucet. And this isn't even making anything up! Ha, ha - had to come back to add the people across the street who make custom (whacky!!!) bird houses and have a "to go" display they keep at the end of their driveway when they aren't ??? at craft shows?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 09-17-2010 at 05:32 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Too too rich!

I am reminded of Bailey White, whom I *adore*. I could listen to her forever, not just for her true stories, but for her voice.

+ Reply to Thread