+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7282Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Shay, when it's finally over, that's it, luckily; you will be cleansed of everything in your system well before your procedure. I think they tell youto leave it room temp because it's such a lot of liquid that if you drink it in the given time frame and its too cold, you could start feeling really bad (I do if I drink too much ice water all at once). I think they just mention pain medicine for those who are just sure they will be sore afterward--they won't.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4061359;
    ...Will I still have "the trots" when it's over?...
    Nope -- you're as cleaned out as you're gonna be, and the "flushtini" will have stopped working by the time you have to "smile for the camera."
    As far as what to eat: I wanted to replace the "good" bacteria, so I had yogurt drink with a good concentration of probiotics (I like Danactive), then took it easy on my system with hard-cooked eggs and some whole-grain toast. (But as far as I know, there are no official restrictions.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4061359;
    The literature says I'm having Versed for my medication, and maybe some pain medication (why?) which has always been wonderful for me. I also have a scrip for 2 phenergan for the prep phase, should I need it. I can have clear liquids (cola, included), and nothing red the day before. Not that I would want it, but I can even have beer or white wine the day before....which I'm pretty sure would make me need the phenergan. The instructions say to leave the jug of liquid sitting on the counter, do not refrigerate. Luckily, the ER is super-close to home, as is kind of around the corner. Thanks for the suggestions on getting ready. Now, the big decision will be what to eat afterward! Will I still have "the trots" when it's over? I think everybody has had one of these things, but me! I'm glad to be joining the club!

And, mrd, I've been looking for a reason to go Yankee Candle shopping! I was just on their site last night!
    You may have something to drink that is different than the liquid I ingested - everything I read said to drink it cold. I got my timing wrong so at first it was room temp and it tasted like drinking warm ocean water, which I have done plenty of times wiping out on waves in my youth! Sort of disgusting, but not terrible. So it was like gargling with salt water, but swallowing great quantities, not spitting it out.

All in all, it was not bad. I missed a concert I wanted to go to because of the need to stay close to the bathroom. And the first meal I had was a wonderful breakfast with my husband. I had my procedure at 6 in the morning so that I could get it over with...

MRD

We ate at TGI Friday's afterwards and I had no ill effects. You won't be going to the bathroom for a day or two afterwards, believe me.

Good luck. It's really not that bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

All systems are go for me to close on Monday... except that the seller hasn't gotten the old underground oil tank dug up which was supposed to happen yesterday. My realtor doesn't want me to close until that's done, but meanwhile I have a plumber/furnace, movers, etc. all lined up. Grrrrr!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter,
    Congrats and enjoy it.
    It's been a long road to fruition.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

One step closer. I would listen to your realtor. If you did have to close, could you hold out enough money, in a escrow account, to pay for the underground tank removal.

Oooh, good idea! I'll e-mail my realtor right now and ask.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4062407;
    All systems are go for me to close on Monday... except that the seller hasn't gotten the old underground oil tank dug up which was supposed to happen yesterday. My realtor doesn't want me to close until that's done, but meanwhile I have a plumber/furnace, movers, etc. all lined up. Grrrrr!
    So happy to hear things are on track for closing. I've been praying that everything would work out. I will continue to do so.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. When I was in the basement with the plumber/furnace guy today I discovered a hinged cut-out at eye level in the basement door lie a speak-easy or secret club. I can only imagine what the last owners were into.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread