+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I didn't even mention that the former gentleman's friend car didn't seem to have a muffler...which was unreal. But he's gone now, so at least that's a plus.

mrd, I'd be happy to have you next to me. I could appreciate your classic rock....hell, I could tolerate just about anything if they'd just leave the thumping/bumping vibrations out of the equation. I thought about you last week when I noticed a "For Rent" sign in front of one of the houses around the corner. Of course, the "For Rent" idea bothers me, for the neighborhood, but not everybody would be irresponsible neighbors. I think you'd be a super-safe bet! :wink

That pizza place story had me . People are a t-r-i-p!!

Critical, before I bought my house, I lived in a townhouse...very nice one...and the people I lived next door to smoked some kind of funky, gross cigarettes. Their smoke would bleed over into my unit through the electrical outlets. It was horrible! I finally decided to put tape over the outlets that I wasn't using, and that helped a bunch. I still don't understand how people want to take that kind of nastiness down into their lungs. I've seen smokers' lungs from an autopsy, and "it ain't good".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Shay, would love to live near you. We could play our classic rock loud and let the neighbors complain about us.

I am also about the pizza story.

People are just weird. One of my co-workers sent a closing package to a seller out of state. A cover letter EXPLAINING what needs to be signed, what needs to be notarized is sent with it. Then sticky tabs are put indicating what needs to be signed, witnessed, notarized. First time we got it back, the deed was not witnessed. Got it back today, deed is witnessed, but the other 4 documents are not signed or notarized. It went BACK out in the mail today for the 3rd time and besides sticky notes, highlighting AND a phone call, we told them to take ALL the papers to the notary and have the notary look at EVERYTHING. Hoping that the notary knows what they are doing.
    I think if we get this back and it's still not right, my co-worker is going to stroke out.
    OH and we sent a pre-paid UPS shipping label which they returned to us along with all the unsigned documents in a US mail priority envelope.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

People are weird.. and sometimes stupid. A couple of weeks ago I had a woman ask me what was the difference between a 9 inch pizza and a 12 inch pizza. I told her 3 inches, and she got mad! Go figure! God, I can't wait until I can get another job!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why do people get mad at you because you give them truthful answers? Lie to them and they're happy all day long!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

should have said that one has 6 slices and the other 8.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4058909;
    should have said that one has 6 slices and the other 8.
    that's probably what she wanted to hear! LOL

MRD

I took a phone call today from a notoriously rude and demanding agent. My first time really dealing with her. We've never met in person either. After going round with her for a couple minutes, I called her by name and she says: "how did you know my name, I never told you." Oh your reputation precedes you dearie. As I was the only one in the office, she could not get her question answered and had to settle, quite unhappily, with leaving a message. She called back 30 min. later and was miffed that the other girls hadn't returned her call. I was so happy to say: "well it's because they aren't back yet. I'll give them the message the minute they get back. But calling me every half hour is not going to rush them back here, they are out of the office on business." She had the nerve to complain about me later and the manager (who is not MY boss) told her that her calling us repeatedly keeps us from working on her files and when people are out of the office, she is going to have to learn to leave a message and be patient until someone can call her back.
    I was
    She has a very nasty nickname in our office I can't repeat here. But it fits.

That is one thing that hasn't changed in this business in 20 years. Agents are still rude and still demanding and think we only work on THEIR files and no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4060380;
    I took a phone call today from a notoriously rude and demanding agent....
    I'm trying to figure out your job (I may have missed it in an earlier post) -- you with a real-estate broker or mortgage broker?
    My main proofreading client is a graphic designer -- and my main work with him has been with publications related to Realtors and real-estate appraisers and inspectors.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4060387;
    I'm trying to figure out your job (I may have missed it in an earlier post) -- you with a real-estate broker or mortgage broker?
    My main proofreading client is a graphic designer -- and my main work with him has been with publications related to Realtors and real-estate appraisers and inspectors.
    Neither but I do work with both.
    I am an Escrow Officer for a title insurance company. We facilitate the closings, do the search on the property for clear title and issue the title insurance policy after closing.

The market is so bad here that the agents are vicicious and cut throat and would sell their mothers to make a $200 commission. And they act like we're the ones that are keeping them from getting their money when most of the time it's because they gave us half the information we needed and we had to play detective to find out the rest of it in order to even order the title search that gets the ball rolling for the closing.

We did a closing Friday in some couples garage. In the heat. Next to the aquarium with the turtles. I can honestly say I've NEVER done a closing like that before.

I need a shirt that says: Have notary seal, will travel.

I had to schedule a screening colonoscopy today. It doesn't happen until the first week in October. That gives me, almost, a whole month of anxiety to work on. Everybody says it isn't the test so much as it is the prep that will be the drag. I did have a friend die from colon cancer about 2 years ago, so that is when it really started coming home to me that I should do something. Can't believe it took me this long to do it. I am not a good patient. I just wish I was going in on the "buddy plan"! Then, it might not be so nerve-wracking.

+ Reply to Thread