+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Does diet effect your mood? I've been snacking on Halloween candy and I've been feeling down all day. Then I started to eat some carrots and I felt like I had more energy and was more alert. I don't usually eat candy and it's been months since I've had a candy bar of any size.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think you just answered your own question!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

rt1ky, would you like a cup of tea with that?

Moving from the public bathroom peeve thread:
    Maybe I'm going overboard, but I don't even like to buy used books because of where they might have been. Like Brentano's in an episode of Seinfeld when George took a book into their restroom. They made him buy the book and flagged it so he couldn't return it.

Did anyone see the little girl who won her state science fair? She took samples and grew bacteria cultures from various locations to see what was really dirty out there in public places. One of the worst, if not the worst, was the serve yourself ice dispenser in a fast food place. Worse even than the toilet water taken from the same restaurant.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I saw a program where they tested bacteria samples from various areas in a person's house and this particular kitchen (and this place wasn't out of the ordinary) carried about ten times the amount of bacteria that the bathroom did. And it generally understood that a person's desk and hands are inclined to be much more germ laden than your average public bathroom, as are the door handles you use to get into the building, the change you use to pay for your coffee and the pole you hang onto on public transit. Bearing that in mind, the bathroom is probably the most sanitary place to eat your lunch.

And speaking of refreshments in bathrooms, they've just changed the laws in Toronto and people can now take their drinks into the washroom in a bar. Why, you ask? So they can't be roofied when left unattended. You frequently can't trust your friends, and you definitely can't trust the bartender, to watch your drink if you leave it alone for a couple of minutes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

If we saw all bacteria as flourescent, no-one would touch anything, go anywhere or shake hands with anyone. For starters. Ewww.
    -----------------

I had a rude awakening around 3:15 this morning. A police siren, then massive flashing lights illuminated my house. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to count as least 3 police cars lights flashing right outside my house. As I went to the living room window, I counted 4 more. All centered in front of my and my neighbors houses. The police dogs were out and officers walking handcuffed youths into several cars. There was no yelling. No shots fired. A police towtruck came and hitched up a small white car and took it away. Then everyone was gone. It was quiet. You would never know what even transpired. And absolutely nothing on the news today.

I thought I lived in a fairly quiet and safe neighborhood. This is getting ridiculous. The kitties were scared from all of the lights. I didn't know if I should e-mail the local news and let them know what was going on as "breaking news". There was no media on the scene and it went on for more than 1/2 hour.

Has anyone ever called a news station about something going down in their neighborhood? How would one find out what happened if it didn't make the news? It looked like a very organized take-down of a car with several youths in it. The dogs would have been there in case they tried to flee.

It's definitely unnerving. My doors are locked. But sheesh!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I cannot wait until next Wednesday. I am so sick of all of this election crap. I am interested in how it's all going to play out, but I am ready for it to be over. Everyday seems like it is about 3 days long. I'm ready to vote and get it over with!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Misskitty, does your local paper publish a "police blotter"? That's what I call it.
    Our paper does. It lists the arrests for the past week. You may not get a lot of info, but it should tell the names and the crime.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2126929;
    If we saw all bacteria as flourescent, no-one would touch anything, go anywhere or shake hands with anyone. For starters. Ewww.
    -----------------

I had a rude awakening around 3:15 this morning. A police siren, then massive flashing lights illuminated my house. I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to count as least 3 police cars lights flashing right outside my house. As I went to the living room window, I counted 4 more. All centered in front of my and my neighbors houses. The police dogs were out and officers walking handcuffed youths into several cars. There was no yelling. No shots fired. A police towtruck came and hitched up a small white car and took it away. Then everyone was gone. It was quiet. You would never know what even transpired. And absolutely nothing on the news today.

I thought I lived in a fairly quiet and safe neighborhood. This is getting ridiculous. The kitties were scared from all of the lights. I didn't know if I should e-mail the local news and let them know what was going on as "breaking news". There was no media on the scene and it went on for more than 1/2 hour.

Has anyone ever called a news station about something going down in their neighborhood? How would one find out what happened if it didn't make the news? It looked like a very organized take-down of a car with several youths in it. The dogs would have been there in case they tried to flee.

It's definitely unnerving. My doors are locked. But sheesh!
    Sounds like a drug bust. The dogs might have been drug dogs. We have a lot of drug busts, but thankfully not where I live. Right now our neighbrhood is either young families with kids 10 and under, or retirees. I can't think of a teenager around here any where. Of course, the guys probably weren't from your neighborhood either. Guess that blows my theory, huh?

Does your tv station have a reporter that you especially like? You could email him/her for information.

Hope you get to sleep tonight without interruption.

misskitty, if you have a Neighbourhood/Community Watch, they receive monthly police reports. I'm a member of our Community Watch and I get them emailed to me. Basically it's just the street name, block number, and type of occurence (i.e., theft under $5000, mischief, break and enter, etc.).

If you are really concerned, then call your community police services office. I know the ones here are very cooperative if you have questions or concerns. There is a woman who lives a ways down our street and it is well-known that she is selling drugs out of her house (she's a meth addict, and an absolute mess. She has three kids, two of whom I know - they are wonderful kids. Really a shame.) The police in the neighbourhood make it known to anyone who asks. My understanding is that it's part of the whole community policing philosophy, which I agree with - we all have a right to know what's going on in our neighbourhood.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread