+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

^ or mowing... This afternoon as I was mowing around the apple trees, which did not produce apples this year , I remembered Lil Bit tallking about her apple trees last year and wondered if she had apples, and now I know. Enjoy your day off, dinner out and apple pie.

Glad to hear your daughter arrived safe.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish I could share some of my "I don't do guilt" with you, Lil Bit. I've pretty much learned to ignore my son's girlfriend's text messages, refusing to be drawn in to her "Let me draw you into our wack-a-do life" messages. She's nuts, his choice (against my better judgment), and I am letting him live his life. He'll let me know what I need to know. Or somebody with better sense will. Case closed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't tell you how many times I've stopped what I was doing and done a tonglen for Victor. We do have real connections here.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4050131;
    I can't tell you how many times I've stopped what I was doing and done a tonglen for Victor.
    You too?! I've shared with Rattus the story of me doing dishes one evening as I looked out the window. A black cat was making it's way out of the woods behind the house and the first thought that popped into my mind was her avatar.....silly but cool, I think.

And it's generational! I've had personal contact with a child of at least 3 FORTers.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, I always know when you have tonglened for me. It's incredible that feeling. I thank you for each and every one of them. I am trying so hard to be able to meditate again. I can't do it very often anymore. And it helps me so much. I am going to keep trying and hope taht I get it back. I can acheived it occasionally, but not like I used too. But I for some reason been able to Tonglen for Victor and 2 others. So if I can't meditate to help myself, at least I can do it for others.

Lil Bit, you deserve time to yourself. If you don't, then you won't be able to enjoy the girls on weekends and do your job and school work. What is she doing that she needs all this babysitting now? Don't feel guilty for thinking of yourself occasionally. I think we would all be less stressed if we thought about ourselves more and did more for ourselves. It would make it easier to do for others.

I have to say that yes, I have real connections here. I have been fortunate enough to meet a couple of Forters in person and we have developed a good frienship. And I've had phone conversations with others. I think that we are so lucky to have such a great group that is so supportive. The internet can get such a bad rep and the forums especially. But that isn't the case here. This is a very positive place with so very many good caring people.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm learning to say no to people. It's hard sometimes, but getting easier. His ex finally has a job and that's when the need for a constant babysitter began. She's just about wore her own mother's patience out and now she's working on mine. The job is only 4 hours a day though so I can't imagine that is too much of a burden for her. I did tell her last week that if she wants me to raise the girls I'd be more than happy to. She would have to sign guardianship over to me and we'll put them on our health insurance and I'll arrange for day care for them while I'm at school, but I can not just drop everything and rearrange my life at the last minute when she calls wanting a babysitter! She got mad and hung up on me, then called this weekend, nice as could be, wanting me to take the girls.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

First day back as a teacher - a full day seminar on the new bullying law here in Mass. Pretty intense. Tomorrow we set up our classrooms and Weds. we get the students!!!! I love their first day back. Even in middle school, they're so excited.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4051922;
    First day back as a teacher - a full day seminar on the new bullying law here in Mass. Pretty intense. Tomorrow we set up our classrooms and Weds. we get the students!!!! I love their first day back. Even in middle school, they're so excited.
    Today was our first student day and the kids were great. The weather was not ideal - raining! But it gave many of them a good reason to be in my library - I checked out books like mad all day at recess. There were hungry for them! So I am weary tonight, but looking forward to tomorrow.

Our first student day is tomorrow and it is supposed to be in the 90s!!! (No air conditioning). Today is teachers only in their own buildings (yesterday was whole district). Morning staff meeting and afternoon classroom prep.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread