+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What is going on here? I can't spend 2 minutes here without getting bumped to facebook!

My daughter called from on the plane! She's off!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4048897;
    What is going on here? I can't spend 2 minutes here without getting bumped to facebook!
    And last week, it was MySpace.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh, that's what I meant - and 2 minutes is stretching it! Is there a fix? I wasn't having this trouble last week!
    Count your blessings!

Glad to hear your daughter is okay Gut! I empathize with you. I have spent many anxious moments, and in fact have had several nice flight crews call my cell (of course they were a bit younger) to quell my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4049009;
    Oh, that's what I meant - and 2 minutes is stretching it! Is there a fix? I wasn't having this trouble last week!
    I posted a question/complaint under Problems/Questions in Announcements/Help Desk, and then the problem stopped. But the week before that, it was some other weird thing. It's happening enough to make me want to quit.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Don't quit Ellen! I really wanted to hang out here last night, but I couldn't navigate anywhere without bouncing to MySpace within a minute of opening any page... couldn't respond to PMs. It was really frustrating, but this morning it hasn't happened once.
    Count your blessings!

Please hang in there everyone. We're trying to get this figured out.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks Mariner!
    Count your blessings!

It's okay to be selfish occasionally, isn't it? My son fought long and hard to be able to see his daughters. Now, his ex has gone from not letting us near the girls to calling me 3 times a week and wanting me to take them overnight. I have 2 days a month when I don't have school, work, or grandkids around. Today is one of them. His ex sent me a text this morning asking if I could take the girls tonight and she'd pick them up tomorrow. After thinking about it for a bit, I told her no. I need a day now and then to just relax, plus hubby and I are going out to dinner tonight with some friends that we haven't seen in ages because they are just as busy as we are.

So, here I am, feeling guilty. Not only because I love having the girls around when I can, but also because I've deprived my son the opportunity to see his daughters an extra time. She won't ask him to take the girls during the week because he works nights and she doesn't want his girlfriend to babysit. (her boyfriend babysits all the time, but I guess that's different)

Oh well, I'm going to go out now and pick some apples off our trees, make an apple pie, and enjoy the rest of my day off.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lil Bit: The ex's are good at making one feel guilty. You shouldn't feel guilty at all, you deserve to do what you want on your day off! We all need that time to ourselves.

Gut: I'll have you know, I woke up around 1am, not being able to get back to sleep. I calculated the time frames you mentioned yesterday and wondered what time your daughter was expected to land in Italy. I was thinking about my own trip to Italy last summer, and the excitement I felt when we landed. Its crazy the things you think about when you can't sleep!

+ Reply to Thread