+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5881Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm on it!

Gut, St Christopher, the Patron Saint of Travellers will look after her!

When I went to put her on the bus, the trip almost ended there... she didn't have a photo ID. Her passport is waiting for her at the airport with her visa, she never got a driver's license (I've nagged), and she didn't bring her school ID (I told her she would need it). The bus driver gave in to our begging with 4 or 5 cards (health, debit, etc.) with her name on them, but couldn't guarantee the bus driver where she changes buses on the way would let her on. That transfer should have been 2 hours ago and she never called me. She turned her phone off to save the battery, but she was supposed to call me to let me know it all went ok. I'll be on pins and needles until I hear from her. I guess she would have called if she didn't make the connection.
    Count your blessings!

Doesn't that drive you crazy when they don't call and they say they will. I guess they know they are okay, but it sure would be nice to let Mom know.
    If you call them and they don't answer, you worry... If they do answer, Of course they are okay and make you feel like a worry wart...
    Those times, I think to myself and store in my 'Your going to have kids one day file' and smile.

oh wow! I would always have picture id when traveling but I guess now she knows that too! No news is good news in this case. She's on the bus and wants to save the phone battery. I'm sure she'll call!

She should be arriving in NYC in the next half hour if she made the connection. She'd better call then. She knows I'm expecting her to.
    Count your blessings!

She's probably not thinking to call at the time of the transfer. She's probably going to call when she gets to NYC. Sometimes kids don't think they are driving us insane!

Keep us posted Gut.

Just got the call - she's in NYC port authority. She couldn't call after the transfer because her phone was in her bag stored under the bus. Now she needs to find the bus to the airport, but she has 3 hours until her group meets, and 6 before the plane actually departs, so I'm sure she'll figure it out. Worst case scenario is she'll have to take a taxi. THANK YOU to all who are holding my hand through this. I'm sure she'll be fine from this point on.
    Count your blessings!

Sending up more prayers. Glad to know part of the trip was successful.

eta: When did they start making you have picture id on the bus? I guess it's been a LOT of years since I've traveled that way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In this day and age, you'd better have a picture ID on you at all times. We're not living in the '50s anymore!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread