+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4485Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4041460;
    Anybody able to offer me some help on this one? I think an old friend is about to ask me to be her matron of honor, and I have zero interest in being in on this. #1: I am not a fan of marriage if you're not interested in reproducing....and they are too old, so it's not even an issue. I am not a fan of marriage for these two, period....and I don't attend weddings, period. Yuck. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. I'm trying to come up with a way to, gracefully, get out of being put in this position. I am not beyond constructive storytelling, but it's got to be believable and simple. Somebody??? Anybody??? Help!!
    If it's an old friend I believe she will understand if you just kindly tell her some version of the truth. Skip the part about the needles in your eyes though.

I do think the "I'm honored that you asked me, but I don't do weddings." suggestion would work or perhaps telling her that you would be uncomfortable in a major and visible role. Offer to do something else. Perhaps you can decorate the car while the ceremony is going on, or address invitations or help her write thank you's later. Any way you feel you could participate as a friend and/or take care of a wedding related chore for her without being directly involved would be great.
    Last edited by echo226; 08-20-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4042529;
    Oh, do I hear that! His visit to New York in May cost me at least an extra $10 in cab fare one night...
    I feel fror you.

I'm amazed, though, you were even able to get around.
    We were literally gridlocked - could not move anywhere. Even the emergency vehicles couldn't move. It was a pretty horrible situation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Anything new going on here? Just trying to get some convos going. I keep coming back here and not much for days.

Let's see... in my world, my daughter is visiting for a few days before she heads to Italy for her Fall semester (early tomorrow morning). Then school starts and within a month I should close on my house. I think I've posted all that here and there. I'm thinking about getting a kitten once I'm in my house. I have one very old dog and one very old cat. I was at the shelter a week ago and they had a litter someone had dumped on the side of the road, so I'll check there first to see if any of them are left.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A kitten with an older cat (not really familiar with dogs) can make you crazy. Just a word to the wise. I found myself asking myself, "What was I thinking?" It still can be hell on wheels around here. Just don't forget that they can be just like babies and require constant supervision.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4047970;
    Let's see... in my world, my daughter is visiting for a few days before she heads to Italy for her Fall semester (early tomorrow morning). Then school starts and within a month I should close on my house. I think I've posted all that here and there. I'm thinking about getting a kitten once I'm in my house. I have one very old dog and one very old cat. I was at the shelter a week ago and they had a litter someone had dumped on the side of the road, so I'll check there first to see if any of them are left.
    if you get two kittens, then they can entertain each other, and spare the old cat and old dog.

Back to school shopping? Shop at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Banana Republic Factory Store, and Gap Outlet in-store and get 30% off your bill plus 5% gets donated to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Aug. 26th-29th only. Spread the word!
    You need to take this coupon with you.
    GAP Give & Get

Great to hear Gut! I have never had a cat / kitten so I am no help.

Thanks Unk!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

2 kittens would be twice the trouble! They each go their own ways and do their own things, plus harass each other and the older animals! Total helter-skelter! Funny and precious as heck, but they do get into trouble! And you got to babyproof the house. When's the last time you remember having to do that?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Geez! Maybe I'd better forget the kitten! Both my cat and dog are past their predicted life expectancies, but maybe you're right about waiting.

This is where I beg for your prayers and thoughts... my daughter leaves for Italy today, but the first 10 hours involve her taking a bus alone with two transfers to NYC. Once she's checked her big suitcase in the airport and is with the group of students she's travelling with, I'll be fine, but please help me get her that far. Thanks - I only ask because I know it works. Her flight to Rome connects in Warsaw, Poland!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread