+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7131Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4041460;
    Anybody able to offer me some help on this one? I think an old friend is about to ask me to be her matron of honor, and I have zero interest in being in on this. #1: I am not a fan of marriage if you're not interested in reproducing....and they are too old, so it's not even an issue. I am not a fan of marriage for these two, period....and I don't attend weddings, period. Yuck. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. I'm trying to come up with a way to, gracefully, get out of being put in this position. I am not beyond constructive storytelling, but it's got to be believable and simple. Somebody??? Anybody??? Help!!
    Tell her your going to see MRD in Florida that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4040970;
    Shay, go ahead and wallow. We all need to have a pity party occasionally. That sucks that they did that. But I guess Dr. get sick too.
    I got my flu shot today. I saw that the drug store had them and I thought: I better get it now before the season starts so I don't get sick.

I was responsible for the Pepsi delivery guys having a MAJOR accident in Target because I had a garbage can lid on my head while shopping with a friend a few years ago. It looked like a space helmet. I couldn't resist. I had it on my head and was talking to her out the flap saying: "This is eagle one to mother ship, come in mother ship." When we heard a loud crash and saw 12 packs of pepsis scattered on the floor with some broken open. One single can rolled right over next to my foot. I snatched that lid off my head and my friend and I booked out of there. And I was about 40 or 41 when it happened.
    So yeah, Queenb, I'll go to Home Depot and put garbage can lids on my head. It's fun. But let's make sure they aren't getting a delivery when we do.
    Thanks for the laugh MRD that was to funny.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4041460;
    Anybody able to offer me some help on this one? I think an old friend is about to ask me to be her matron of honor, and I have zero interest in being in on this. #1: I am not a fan of marriage if you're not interested in reproducing....and they are too old, so it's not even an issue. I am not a fan of marriage for these two, period....and I don't attend weddings, period. Yuck. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. I'm trying to come up with a way to, gracefully, get out of being put in this position. I am not beyond constructive storytelling, but it's got to be believable and simple. Somebody??? Anybody??? Help!!
    How about simplified honesty? If she asks, say, "I'm honored that you asked me, but I don't do weddings."
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I just don't want to make her wedding about ME, if at all avoidable. That just seems rotten.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4041601;
    I guess I just don't want to make her wedding about ME, if at all avoidable. That just seems rotten.

Just say - you'd rather not and leave it at that. If she insists, say, you'd REALLY rather not.

I'm honored but I don't do weddings....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Ya Shay, tell her you are coming to visit me and we're going to Target to put garbage can lids on our heads.

I'd just say what the others said. If she makes an issue of it, then just say: I don't believe in marriage for anyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4040590;
    Shay, just be grateful that the POTUS was not visiting your city last night and this morning.
    The traffic was totally stopped and the helicopters were going non stop.
    Why does he never do fundraisers in Idaho or Wisconsin?
    Oh, do I hear that! His visit to New York in May cost me at least an extra $10 in cab fare one night...

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;4041702;
    Just say - you'd rather not and leave it at that. If she insists, say, you'd REALLY rather not.
    That's what I would say. I'd rather not. Simply put. Period. It's YOUR prerogative to attend, or not. By simply saying "I'd rather not", or "I won't be able to" could be any number of reasons you don't have to justify.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 08-19-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4038852;
    Sorry. I think we need a sarcasm font sometimes
    That is what I use *sarcasterixes* for. My friend and I came up with that in high school
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread