+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5934Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

That would be the one; come on with me. I've only been a couple of times, so don't recall the Dairy Queen, but now that I know...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4039486;
    I think we need one ALL the time!

MRD, I think I have decided to go to Sanibel one WE in October--I will not tell you you are strong, if you want to go get a seashell with me. Instead, I'll push you in the pool or something... I think we should have a Cheap Ass Hen Party, if anyone wanted to show up. We can snorkel and go fishing in the bay and have drinks after or something.
    Seriously, sometimes maybe you should have a "no hubby" rule that day, in which no one is allowed to even mention your or there troubles, but should go try on garbage cans at the Home Depot or some other such intellectual stimulation...
    Sounds good to me. I am going to a decades class reunion in Oct.22-23. The classes of 1970-1979 from my high school. Homecoming football game on Fri. and big reunion on Sat. I wormed my way in, even tho I was class of 80! (hey, I spent 3 1/2 years in the 70's in that school and 1/2 of the year 1980 there, I think I deserve to go)
    But any other weekend would be good, I think. I do need to look at the calender. AND it hinges on when I can get in my permanent housing. I'm hoping in Sept. but they haven't gotten the deadbeat tenant out yet, so who knows. I have to go back to SC to get my stuff and dogs. I hope it's next month. But won't know for sure until Sept. 1 and we see if she moved out or not.

But it sounds like a great weekend to me. Can we go to the Bubble room?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4039486;
    I think we need one ALL the time!

MRD, I think I have decided to go to Sanibel one WE in October--I will not tell you you are strong, if you want to go get a seashell with me. Instead, I'll push you in the pool or something... I think we should have a Cheap Ass Hen Party, if anyone wanted to show up. We can snorkel and go fishing in the bay and have drinks after or something.
    Seriously, sometimes maybe you should have a "no hubby" rule that day, in which no one is allowed to even mention your or there troubles, but should go try on garbage cans at the Home Depot or some other such intellectual stimulation...
    Now I know what I'm going to do the next time I'm waiting for my husband to finish looking at tools in Home Depot. Maybe I can get banned!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the "Home Depot" types of stores! They have so many fun gadgets, and I am a true gadgeteer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kvetch of the day: Had an 8:30 appointment with my doc this morning, only to get there and find out that she had called out sick!!!! They had tried to call me while I was on my way to the office and, since I don't answer the phone while I'm driving, like the LAW now dictates, I didn't get the message until I arrived at the office!!!

Somebody needs to give me a "feel better" treat. My lip is poked out and I am looking as pitiful as I possibly can. I wished a major pox on that place today.

Oh.....I am sooooo wallowing.....!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay, just be grateful that the POTUS was not visiting your city last night and this morning.
    The traffic was totally stopped and the helicopters were going non stop.
    Why does he never do fundraisers in Idaho or Wisconsin?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My doctor prescribed me a megadose of D3 back in the spring for several weeks, then a maintenance dose of maybe 2000 a day. I am hypothryroid and was having symptoms but my thyroid bloodwork was fine, so she proceeded to diagnose low D. I think it is working.

On another topic, I turned 50 in May, but didn't really feel that it was old. However, this past week, my daughter turned 21 and my son turned 18, and next week they will both be in college, senior and freshman. NOW, I feel old.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I was placed on 15,000 units of Vitamin D, twice a week. The order has recently been cancelled. I think this sounds like the treatment of the year.

MRD

Shay, go ahead and wallow. We all need to have a pity party occasionally. That sucks that they did that. But I guess Dr. get sick too.
    I got my flu shot today. I saw that the drug store had them and I thought: I better get it now before the season starts so I don't get sick.

I was responsible for the Pepsi delivery guys having a MAJOR accident in Target because I had a garbage can lid on my head while shopping with a friend a few years ago. It looked like a space helmet. I couldn't resist. I had it on my head and was talking to her out the flap saying: "This is eagle one to mother ship, come in mother ship." When we heard a loud crash and saw 12 packs of pepsis scattered on the floor with some broken open. One single can rolled right over next to my foot. I snatched that lid off my head and my friend and I booked out of there. And I was about 40 or 41 when it happened.
    So yeah, Queenb, I'll go to Home Depot and put garbage can lids on my head. It's fun. But let's make sure they aren't getting a delivery when we do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Anybody able to offer me some help on this one? I think an old friend is about to ask me to be her matron of honor, and I have zero interest in being in on this. #1: I am not a fan of marriage if you're not interested in reproducing....and they are too old, so it's not even an issue. I am not a fan of marriage for these two, period....and I don't attend weddings, period. Yuck. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. I'm trying to come up with a way to, gracefully, get out of being put in this position. I am not beyond constructive storytelling, but it's got to be believable and simple. Somebody??? Anybody??? Help!!

+ Reply to Thread