+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4035126;
    I found out a couple of months ago that I could go blind if I did not have eye surgery.
    I got a 2nd opinion - which confirmed the first.
    I'm scheduled to go ahead with the first surgery the end of the month. The second surgery - other eye - 3 weeks later.
    I'm praying that all goes well.
    me too. let us know how it goes.

Thank you to all you wonderful and caring people here for your well wishes.
    My grandfather went blind during his lifetime and so it particularly scares the beejesus out of me even though his was due to diabetes and mine is not.
    I'm just trying to think positively.

Just1Paul,

My hairdresser went through the same thing. At the time it began, everyone tried to offer him banalaties like you describe. They kept telling him, too, that he was a male and males don't go through that. Baloney!!
    Make sure you find a good Dr. and that he or she takes it seriously.
    It is a very real condition and it can be treated.
    Take care.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is, currently, one of my little favorites and helps blow off steam. Geez...a good song and your seratonin medication...relaxing just thinking about it.

YouTube - I'm about to whip somebodys ass
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4036376;
    Thank you to all you wonderful and caring people here for your well wishes.
    My grandfather went blind during his lifetime and so it particularly scares the beejesus out of me even though his was due to diabetes and mine is not.
    I'm just trying to think positively.

Just1Paul,

My hairdresser went through the same thing. At the time it began, everyone tried to offer him banalaties like you describe. They kept telling him, too, that he was a male and males don't go through that. Baloney!!
    Make sure you find a good Dr. and that he or she takes it seriously.
    It is a very real condition and it can be treated.
    Take care.
    My Doctor is a great man and I really trust him with my life. Excellent person.

You keep us posted about your progress which will be great!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4036385;
    This is, currently, one of my little favorites and helps blow off steam. Geez...a good song and your seratonin medication...relaxing just thinking about it.

YouTube - I'm about to whip somebodys ass
    That one works too...
    Reba McEntire's video to Does He Love You? came out about the time my ex left me and our baby for my 'best friend'. I'm basically a non violent person, but at the time, it was extremely therapeutic for me to watch that video.

Just got back from a horrendous trip to Ohio... 5 hours in, the engine died while I was going 65 MPH down the highway. I managed to pull over to the breakdown lane with no power steering or brakes. After 7 tries I got it started again and made it to a nearby rest area where I was stranded for 2 1/2 hours (with my dog) waiting for a replacement van. Between that and the road construction areas where I sat going nowhere, I was on the road from 4 a.m. - 10 p.m. The next day I loaded stuff, and today I drove back. My tailbone is sore, but I'm glad to be "home". I got the rental place to give me an extra half day to unload.
    norealityhere - how scary and devastating. Is the surgery pretty sure to cure you?
    Paul-I-am - sorry to hear about your struggles. Know that you have people who care for you.
    Count your blessings!

Gut. Glad to hear you made it, mishaps aside, and I am sending lots of housewarming wishes All that driving is not fun at all, and I'm glad for you that it is done. Onwards and upwards..

Thank you canuck. Counting blessings all around. Drive over, good story to tell, really glad not to be moving in next to her redneck neighbor who swears and gets drunk every night. Reunited with the coolest, creme de la creme of my STUFF. My friend's grandson is visiting and was helping me carry stuff in from the van. He's 10 and wanted to hear the story behind some of the stuff (African mask, artwork, etc.) I do love an audience.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4037044;
    Thank you canuck. Counting blessings all around. Drive over, good story to tell, really glad not to be moving in next to her redneck neighbor who swears and gets drunk every night. Reunited with the coolest, creme de la creme of my STUFF. My friend's grandson is visiting and was helping me carry stuff in from the van. He's 10 and wanted to hear the story behind some of the stuff (African mask, artwork, etc.) I do love an audience.
    Sounds lke a win/win for both of you! I'm glad you made it back home safely. Dealing with issues like that when you're travelling alone is scarey stuff.

Dear Gutmutter,

So happy to read that you made that trip completely despite the problems, and you had someone to tell stories to who actually asked questions! Wunderbar! Now I think I will go have some Eggs and Ham said Paul I am...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread