+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6958Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4035108;
    mrd I just want to reiterate what everyone else said. Just try taking baby steps and putting one foot in front of the other. And, feel free to come here and vent whenever you need. Change is hard. Especially big change.

As for the weather, we've had a pretty cool summer. It's supposed to get to be 90 this weekend though.
    Mariner, you and I are having pretty much the same weather even though I am in Oregon...I was in Seattle earlier this summer when it did get to 90 - I thought it was great! But I was spending most of my days in air conditioned rooms...

Yeah, I was in Sunriver last week. It was mid-80s to low-90s all week. The lows were in the low 50s or high 40s. Other than that week when it was 90 earlier this summer, this is the coldest summer I remember in a long time.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

norealityhere, what a scary diagnosis. I hope everything goes perfectly with your 2 surgeries.

Summer here in Pittsburgh has been abnormally hot, too. We've had more days over 90 degrees than I ever remember having.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4034825;
    In the Northwest the weather has been milder than usual this summer. Just a few hot days and most in the low 80's or 70's where I live. Usually it is in the high 90's on many August days. It does seem like many areas of the US have been much hotter than normal. I am sorry for you all!
    It's been wonderful -- cooler than usual -- in SoCal, too! I know that the Santa Anas are just around the corner, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4035126;
    I found out a couple of months ago that I could go blind if I did not have eye surgery.
    I got a 2nd opinion - which confirmed the first.
    I'm scheduled to go ahead with the first surgery the end of the month. The second surgery - other eye - 3 weeks later.
    I'm praying that all goes well.
    My prayers, positive thoughts and vibes are with you!
    Keep u s posted
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4033257;

I'm not sitting around crying, but I am not dealing well with this right now. I'm tired of "being strong, brave". I'm tired of "God only gives you what He knows you can handle". I'm tired of "you'll get through this". One of the reasons I haven't made an effort to see anyone to talk to anyone on the phone. I know people care and that's why they say those things, but quite honestly, I have heard them so much that they have lost all meaning and now make me just cringe.

I really dislike that when people tell me that also. I have just been diagnosed with male midlife depression and have been prescribed a med to produce serotonen in my brain. Looking back in hindsight I now see it has been coming for about 2 years or so. Just got to the point on Monday when I woke up and said I can't go to work, I don't want to deal with anything, forget it.

Fortunately for me my associate Bob at work when I went in Tuesday has been through this and is still on meds once in a while and told me in no uncertain terms to call my doctor, which is where I went yesterday.

If anyone even thinks of telling me to "tough it out" or "snap out of it" or "think positive" I swear they will get their faces ripped off verbally.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

norealityhere, I will keep you in my thoughts. It is good that you got two opinions and hopefully after the first surgery you will know that it is not risky and will help you. Keep in touch so we know how it goes.

Oh hey, I'm still alive. Hi everybody!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;4035421;
    I really dislike that when people tell me that also. I have just been diagnosed with male midlife depression and have been prescribed a med to produce serotonen in my brain. Looking back in hindsight I now see it has been coming for about 2 years or so. Just got to the point on Monday when I woke up and said I can't go to work, I don't want to deal with anything, forget it.

Fortunately for me my associate Bob at work when I went in Tuesday has been through this and is still on meds once in a while and told me in no uncertain terms to call my doctor, which is where I went yesterday.

If anyone even thinks of telling me to "tough it out" or "snap out of it" or "think positive" I swear they will get their faces ripped off verbally.
    Glad to hear that you have your own human "spirit guide" to help you along. So many people don't. You are blessed. You need to pick yourself out a song that helps you when you're bummed. Something personal, just for you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

yes, everybody needs a song and my favorite one right now is, I'll Pray for You, by Jaron and The Long Road to Love. It is great country song and it makes me grin everytime I hear it. just1paul and mrd give it a listen it will fit your moods to a T.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 08-13-2010 at 12:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread