+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7161Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

One day at a time, MRD. That's all you can do. I'd love to be able to help you through this, but I know there's only so much that anyone can do. You really have done remarkably well, considering the circumstances that you have had to deal with. Getting into a routine again with work and your old/new friends might help, as will getting Rosie and Bogie back. I hope things improve for you, but you're right... sometimes life just sucks. You deserve better sweetie and I know brighter days are ahead of you. You know where I am anytime you want to vent.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't help but wonder when the weather-gods will close the gates of Hell. This makes no sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FoRTer

It has been ridiculously hot lately, hasn't it!

I just read that tonight/wee hours of tomorrow should be the peak of this year's Perseids meteor shower ... good night for making wishes. For some reason I forget and never catch this in the news until the last minute, but I usually try to wake my kids up for a bit to lie out and watch it with me. They lose some sleep on a school night, but we bring out our night sky atlas (and red flashlight) so I rationalize that it's a learning experience so it all balances out. I think there's a new moon which should help viewing tonight. Here's a link to a neat "fluxtimator" to help estimate the time of the most activity in different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4034774;
    Can't help but wonder when the weather-gods will close the gates of Hell. This makes no sense.
    In the Northwest the weather has been milder than usual this summer. Just a few hot days and most in the low 80's or 70's where I live. Usually it is in the high 90's on many August days. It does seem like many areas of the US have been much hotter than normal. I am sorry for you all!

We're having the hottest summer on record. I can't think of anything more depressing. I try to go out in only mini-increments, and only early in the mornings. The lows are even in the
    mid-80s! Thanlk goodness I am blessed to have functioning a/c...just to put a silver lining on this rotten cloud!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;4034815;
    It has been ridiculously hot lately, hasn't it!

I just read that tonight/wee hours of tomorrow should be the peak of this year's Perseids meteor shower ... good night for making wishes. For some reason I forget and never catch this in the news until the last minute, but I usually try to wake my kids up for a bit to lie out and watch it with me. They lose some sleep on a school night, but we bring out our night sky atlas (and red flashlight) so I rationalize that it's a learning experience so it all balances out. I think there's a new moon which should help viewing tonight. Here's a link to a neat "fluxtimator" to help estimate the time of the most activity in different areas.
    I think that's neat that you share this with your kids. My son would grumble a bit when I would wake him up for sky gazing, but loved it when he actually saw something. I think the part he liked best, was climbing out on the low roof over our porch. I loved spending quiet time with just him and learning all his secrets that he would share.
    Gee, I miss that.

We are having that extreme heat too. No matter how early I get up to do my morning outdoor chores, its still hot. I'm ready for cooler weather.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 08-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.

My outdoor "chore" was getting my hair done, dropping by the drugstore and the grocery store.....quickly!! Santa Claus, on Christmas Eve, doesn't move quicker than I do when the weather is miserable!

mrd I just want to reiterate what everyone else said. Just try taking baby steps and putting one foot in front of the other. And, feel free to come here and vent whenever you need. Change is hard. Especially big change.

As for the weather, we've had a pretty cool summer. It's supposed to get to be 90 this weekend though.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I found out a couple of months ago that I could go blind if I did not have eye surgery.
    I got a 2nd opinion - which confirmed the first.
    I'm scheduled to go ahead with the first surgery the end of the month. The second surgery - other eye - 3 weeks later.
    I'm praying that all goes well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD- I completly agree with everyone else. I'm going through a big issue with my job (I know not anywhere near what you are) and I'm also tired of everyone telling me it will be alright. I know that in the long run it will work out to be better but right now I want to be pissy, sad and upset over what is happening. I think we all need a little time to adjust before we can be expected to move on right away. I definitely think you need to take time for yourself and in a couple of weeks you will probably start being ready to want to see some friends or start getting out again. I think you should just take this time for yourself and start to heal and be all about you. Sometimes we need that in life.

Also, here in MI it is also has been humid and horrible. MI summers are hard to beat because they generally aren't too hot and rather pleasant. This summer has been the opposite of that. I read the weather page and next week we are supposed to be back in the low 80's and high 70's. That is the best summer weather.

+ Reply to Thread