+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6960Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

[QUOTE=Gutmutter;4030881;] I'm making a trip to Ohio this week to bring stuff back.

Gut -- I guess I missed a couple of important details along the way. I thought you were settling in Ohio; guess not. Are you back where you started? I wish you a safe trip and will miss you while you're gone.

mrd, I hope the coming days are better. Are you able to see any humor in your days? I know that you have a great sense of humor and hopefully, someone around you will make you laugh and that can help you start to enjoy your new life.

Gutmutter, you must be getting very good at that drive by now. What books will you listen to? I have some middle school books to recommend if you are ready to go that route.

Take care, both of you. Isn't it nice to know that you have FORT friends from all over the country worrying and thinking positive thoughts about you?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4030600;
    Walking out of that airport was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Sat in the car and cried for 20 min. before I could drive.
    Just work your way through the emotions, MRD. You can do this. You are so brave!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4031657;
    Gutmutter, you must be getting very good at that drive by now. What books will you listen to? I have some middle school books to recommend if you are ready to go that route.

Take care, both of you. Isn't it nice to know that you have FORT friends from all over the country worrying and thinking positive thoughts about you?
    It is very comforting to know I have the kind, supporting thoughts of my friends here. I'd love book recommendations. I'm limited to what the two libraries I belong to have in stock for audio books.
    ColumbiaMD - you ARE out of the loop. Short version: Mom got cold feet a week before move (after selling my house), staying with friend, buying small ranch here, bringing 1/2 of stuff back this week.
    Hardly sounds painful at all when that succinct.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, you got my prayers for a relatively fast safe trip!

Thank you. I'm feeling a little nervous, but really, it's just sitting there with your foot on the pedal, listening to an audio book. Must go pack knee brace while I'm thinking of it. Last time I did myself a mischief going up and down stairs with bags of heavy books.
    Count your blessings!

Happy and safe travels Gut! Getting your stuff back and moving it into your new place will be well worth the trip.

MRD

Safe journeyGut. When do you move in the new place?

Thanks all. I have been here a week and have not really seen anyone. I haven't felt like it. I make my first public appearance of sorts on Sat. night at this little bar that we all frequent as we went to high school with the band. In fact the singer is a very good friend of mine.

But got a little more organized so I don't have to rummage through my trunk to find clothes to wear to work.

I'm not sitting around crying, but I am not dealing well with this right now. I'm tired of "being strong, brave". I'm tired of "God only gives you what He knows you can handle". I'm tired of "you'll get through this". One of the reasons I haven't made an effort to see anyone to talk to anyone on the phone. I know people care and that's why they say those things, but quite honestly, I have heard them so much that they have lost all meaning and now make me just cringe.

Had a very relaxing rejuvenating weekend at the home of a friend. It was exactly what I needed, but now back to my reality and my reality right now sucks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hang in there, MRD. I can't imagine how tough this is for you. I know it's hard to hear people tell you "things will get better" but they really will. This might be one of those times when the phrase "fake it 'til you make it" applies. If you pretend that you're doing well (at least to the outside world), then eventually, you WILL be fine....and until then, you can come here and vent.

Maybe there's a gym or program at the YMCA where you could go and just bash a punching bag or something for some time each day. Exercise is always a good thing and hitting something might help get some of your emotions out.

ETA: Safe trip, Gut! I have a friend who is REALLY good at packing moving vans - he helped me when I moved out of my parents' house years ago and I still can't believe he got it all the tiny truck I rented! If you were closer, I'd send him on over to help you!
    Last edited by Critical; 08-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Or find an arcade with a 'whack a mole' game. I found an hour of that really relieve stress, and you can win silly little prizes too. Or build something. It just that hammering or swatting that allows you to get it out.

I wish you the best of luck and times in this life direction change. Yeah. It Sucks. Big Time.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread