+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3997393;
    'Tis the month of my birth, and I am treating myself like crazy for the entire month!! Manis/pedis every 2 weeks, massages, shoes....I fear I have lost my mind! I sure am having a good time! Please let July 31 get here quick!!!
    GOOD for you, prhoshay! Treat yourself, you deserve it! Enjoy, my friend.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4011675;
    Well, they're now selling (or about to) 3D televisions, so I guess they need a video camera to go with...I have no interest in a 3D television and I hope it does not become standard machinery in my lifetime (or at least that there are always "regular" tvs sold as well).
    3D movies never fail to give me a big headache less than halfway through the film. (Advil should be included in the ticket price.) I have no interest, either, in any of the hyped-up 3D stuff until they successfully eliminate the headache factor.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm not interested in it either; 3-d is cool and everything, but even the biggest-deal 3-D movies Ive seen stick with simple stories that don't really make me think much. Even Avatar, which was a beautiful movie, didn't have much of a plot. I miss better stories!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4015663;
    I'm not interested in it either; 3-d is cool and everything, but even the biggest-deal 3-D movies Ive seen stick with simple stories that don't really make me think much. Even Avatar, which was a beautiful movie, didn't have much of a plot. I miss better stories!
    Have you seen Inception? I've seen it twice with two different people and both times we talked and talked about it afterwards. I even posted a link to a site that helps make sense out of it in the movies thread. Now, if they did that one in 3-D, they would have to hand out tossed cookie bags with the glasses!

It's Saturday! That means treasure hunt day for me (yard sales). Since I got rid of all my STUFF, I get to search for new things I can't live without.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I've heard people talk about 'Inception', they all seem to say, "I have no idea what that movie is about." Maybe, one day......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, today the yard sale item I couldn't live without was a brass lion the size of a medium dog.
    This is why I don't normally do yard sales... I have so little impulse control. I did also get two inexpensive bookshelves, which I need, a stack of crocheted dishcloths, some old, elegant cookbooks for my daughter for christmas, a 50's style apron with scotty dogs, ditto.
    Count your blessings!

Re: Bethenny Getting Married?

If my daughter and daughter in law are anything to go by-- brides demand perfection on their day!

Oh, and we just attended a nightmare wedding where the theme was 1940's and everything was vintage. The bride had three different sets of engagement pictures taken at three different locations-- all absolutely beautiful, but I can't imagine the expense for her poor parents. Not counting this over the top 'vintage' wedding at a resort that while beautiful, was SO detailed. I can't imagine how the people around her stood the months of planning without killing her! She had an idea of her perfect wedding and it got done, so hopefully it was worth it. It cost my son and daughter in law, who were groomsman and his lady $1000. to be in the thing. So watching Bethenny's little event didn't seem so much!

(my daughter was in a good friends wedding that was another one of these 'everything's got to be perfect' types and everything that she'd worked and planned for was going smoothly until the bride was in the limo with her maids of honor leaving for the church and suddenly cracked, became hysterical and started screaming at them and telling them all off! My daughter said there she sat in her huge dress having this meltdown and they were cowering together trying to get away! We laugh about it now, but my daughter and the other girls were shocked at the time. They'd also put out mega $ and time for her.)

Anyway-- to stop the rambling (your welcome!), many brides are perfectionists on their special day and I don't think Bethenny was an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;4018056;
    If my daughter and daughter in law are anything to go by-- brides demand perfection on their day!

Oh, and we just attended a nightmare wedding where the theme was 1940's and everything was vintage. The bride had three different sets of engagement pictures taken at three different locations-- all absolutely beautiful, but I can't imagine the expense for her poor parents. Not counting this over the top 'vintage' wedding at a resort that while beautiful, was SO detailed. I can't imagine how the people around her stood the months of planning without killing her! She had an idea of her perfect wedding and it got done, so hopefully it was worth it. It cost my son and daughter in law, who were groomsman and his lady $1000. to be in the thing. So watching Bethenny's little event didn't seem so much!

(my daughter was in a good friends wedding that was another one of these 'everything's got to be perfect' types and everything that she'd worked and planned for was going smoothly until the bride was in the limo with her maids of honor leaving for the church and suddenly cracked, became hysterical and started screaming at them and telling them all off! My daughter said there she sat in her huge dress having this meltdown and they were cowering together trying to get away! We laugh about it now, but my daughter and the other girls were shocked at the time. They'd also put out mega $ and time for her.)

Anyway-- to stop the rambling (your welcome!), many brides are perfectionists on their special day and I don't think Bethenny was an exception.
    I don't understand that the first wedding ( you mentioned) was a nightmare. Probably that it put her parents in debt but the wedding sounded great. Now the second one sounded like a nightmare! Almost like something that we would see on one of these shows.
    I'm very cynical about weddings. Not the getting married part but people spending so much on them when the odds are that it's no going to stick! I started feeling this way with my own wedding (500 years ago). I didn't have much to spend and I started realizing that it wasn't going to be the "dream wedding" that I wanted it to be. Unless you (or your parents) are wealthy most people just can't afford it. I also realized that I didn't like being the center of attention. It was a very uncomfortable feeling for me not only planning the wedding but then hoping that all of my guests would enjoy themselves. I felt like if I didn't connect with each and every one of them, at the reception, then I wasn't being a very good hostess. I LOVE doing small dinner parties and I like to do them right! Candles, cloth napkins, flowers,real plates and silverware, music and a great spread! I like the intimacy, not hundreds of people. I was soooooo over my own wedding, once it was over, that I never even ordered my wedding photographs! I still have the proofs but I was done spending money at that point! I also felt very depressed for a few weeks after the event. It was weird that something that I had thought about, for so long (childhood), was over. It was kind of like what Dr. Phil says that everybody plans the wedding but not the marriage! It's too bad that Dr. Phil wasn't on back then! I have to say that I enjoy watching wedding shows! I think that it's maybe to get ideas for my small parties. I also loved watching Beth's wedding probably because I wasn't worried about how much it cost. Really, who doesn't go to a wedding (women) and wonder how much it cost and then try to figure out if the family could REALLY afford it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4018132;
    I don't understand that the first wedding ( you mentioned) was a nightmare. Probably that it put her parents in debt but the wedding sounded great. Now the second one sounded like a nightmare! Almost like something that we would see on one of these shows.
    I'm very cynical about weddings. Not the getting married part but people spending so much on them when the odds are that it's no going to stick! I started feeling this way with my own wedding (500 years ago). I didn't have much to spend and I started realizing that it wasn't going to be the "dream wedding" that I wanted it to be. Unless you (or your parents) are wealthy most people just can't afford it. I also realized that I didn't like being the center of attention. It was a very uncomfortable feeling for me not only planning the wedding but then hoping that all of my guests would enjoy themselves. I felt like if I didn't connect with each and every one of them, at the reception, then I wasn't being a very good hostess. I LOVE doing small dinner parties and I like to do them right! Candles, cloth napkins, flowers,real plates and silverware, music and a great spread! I like the intimacy, not hundreds of people. I was soooooo over my own wedding, once it was over, that I never even ordered my wedding photographs! I still have the proofs but I was done spending money at that point! I also felt very depressed for a few weeks after the event. It was weird that something that I had thought about, for so long (childhood), was over. It was kind of like what Dr. Phil says that everybody plans the wedding but not the marriage! It's too bad that Dr. Phil wasn't on back then! I have to say that I enjoy watching wedding shows! I think that it's maybe to get ideas for my small parties. I also loved watching Beth's wedding probably because I wasn't worried about how much it cost. Really, who doesn't go to a wedding (women) and wonder how much it cost and then try to figure out if the family could REALLY afford it?
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But if you go into a wedding with that attitude, what hope is there for the marriage?

Those wedding shows are great, though, aren't they? I watched a Disney weddings one recently and was just in awe. Fabulous!

I think if your wedding is being paid for by a TV network, who is getting something out of it as well, you shouldn't worry about the expense. Consider it a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4018200;
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But if you go into a wedding with that attitude, what hope is there for the marriage?

Those wedding shows are great, though, aren't they? I watched a Disney weddings one recently and was just in awe. Fabulous!

I think if your wedding is being paid for by a TV network, who is getting something out of it as well, you shouldn't worry about the expense. Consider it a blessing.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I enjoy weddings no matter how big or small. I always have hope that it will work out. I haven't gone to many in recent years but the last few have given me a clue as to how much more is expected these days. CDs ,with a photo of the bride and groom, with their favorite love songs. Special dances that they took lessons for. Cakes that cost thousands of dollars. These weren't rich people or at least they aren't now! Sorry, it's impossible to sit there and not wonder how much it all cost. Really! No one else does this? My advice to most people would be not to follow the trends! Something small, personal with people that you really care about. Bigger isn't better, it makes you spread yourself thinner and it makes it difficult to enjoy you wedding day. Save some money and put it towards your future not on a party (again, if you really can't afford it).

+ Reply to Thread