+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2122916;
    Oh Newf, me too!

Now if I just had my flannel Dick and Jane sheets, my corned beef on rye, with horseradish mustard, and a fountain coke. I'm about to cry here!
    If you had all those things, I'd be on my way to your house!

I am SO bored that I could lay down on this hard floor and go to sleep. Everyone's gone but me and I hate just sitting here with nothing to do. I know the rest of the week I won't be complaining and I'm getting paid to chat with my FORT friends, but I have not having anything to do.

And bossman has called here about 10 times asking me if everythings ok. Yeah, the phone has rung about 14 times, 10 of those your calls. You got one email and we got no regular mail. And I happened to be in the restroom when he called and the answering machine got it and when I called back, he almost had a cow. I DO have to go potty occasionally.

HOOOO HUMMMMM 12 more minutes until I get to leave.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My sweetie took me out for dinner last night to a restaurant I recommended but hadn't been to in awhile: Louisiana Purchase. They serve authentic cajun/creole food. OH MY

We started off sharing two appetizers: cajun alligator on a skewer, and a Crab Cake served with garlic & green onion cream.

For our main course he had the Steamboat Jambalaya = Crab claw, jumbo shrimp, mussels, whitefish and spicy Italian sausage baked with saffron rice - served with hush puppies.

I had a combo dish of: 1/2 order Louisiana Jambalaya = Ham, chicken and smoked sausage simmered with peppers, tomatoes and rice in a creole tomato sauce with tequila salsa AND 1/2 order of Natchez Shrimp = Jumbo shrimp cooked in white wine & herbs with mushrooms & smoked Chipotle pepper butter.

GAWD! We did not have any dessert.

It was amazing. We've already been talking about how we need to go down to New Orleans and experience the real thing.

YUMMMMMY
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2122920;
    If you had all those things, I'd be on my way to your house!

I am SO bored that I could lay down on this hard floor and go to sleep. Everyone's gone but me and I hate just sitting here with nothing to do. I know the rest of the week I won't be complaining and I'm getting paid to chat with my FORT friends, but I have not having anything to do.

And bossman has called here about 10 times asking me if everythings ok. Yeah, the phone has rung about 14 times, 10 of those your calls. You got one email and we got no regular mail. And I happened to be in the restroom when he called and the answering machine got it and when I called back, he almost had a cow. I DO have to go potty occasionally.

HOOOO HUMMMMM 12 more minutes until I get to leave.
    Why do I wonder if he called back at 2 minutes before 5:00 just to make sure you were still there?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

cricketeen, when I managed the book store, the woman who owned it did that all the time. What's more, she would talk, and ask questions till about fifteen after. I started not answering the phone, she started calling earlier and we were both happy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2123112;
    Why do I wonder if he called back at 2 minutes before 5:00 just to make sure you were still there?
    My boss' underling used to do that to me way back during one of my high school summer jobs. Everyone would cut out early and they'd tell me to close up at 5. No problem. I'd get a call a couple minutes before 5 and when I answered, they wouldn't even talk to me. They'd just hang up. Like I was 5 and couldn't figure out what was going on! I knew who was doing it. Real mature, right? I was 16--they were about 3x my age.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2122957;
    It was amazing. We've already been talking about how we need to go down to New Orleans and experience the real thing.
    You should really do that. I was in New Orleans for four week and everything I ate while there was really deliscious. The seafood, the meat, the desserts...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2123112;

Are you psychic or what?

Happy Halloween all! This past week i've been trying to get my 22 month old used to his Halloween costume. He screams as soon as I get it out of the bag . Today, they are having a Halloween party at daycare so I still brought the costume in a bag. Well of course mister sees all the kids dressed up and next thing you know, the teacher is putting it on him and he doesn't say a peep. Looks like tonight's trick or treating might happen after all.

MRD
    Miss Kitty sounds like a nice weekend and a great dinner. You must go to New Orleans. Best food in the US.

I give my hubby a nice list of stuff I want. I make it a LONG list because I know he won't buy everything on it, so this way I ensure that I get stuff I want, but am surprised on Christmas morning to exactly what it was off the list he has picked.

I have finally made it a priority to give to my little family of 3 first and then if there is money leftover then it goes to others. My other family is getting cards this year as I have finally gotten tired of not hearing if they received the gift card I sent. (a topic we've been over already). I will send to my best friends 2 kids as they are closer to me than my own neices and nephews at this point. And I have a couple friends I will buy for. But now the majority of our money will be spent on US. Amazed how moving cut down on my Christmas present list and I'm tired of the ingrates.

For years, hubby and I did not give each other anything as we had all these other people we HAD to buy for and one year I decided, this is NUTS. I love my husband more than I love these other people and therefore, he and my daughter will come first and then charity and then anyone else.

Severl years ago my husband and I adopted a person from the nursing home, for each of us. We get their list and buy what's on it. They always say that you don't need to buy everything on the list, but for crying out loud! Who's going to buy someone a robe and no slippers, or sweat pants and no shirt? Their entire list usually doesn't run over thirty or forty dollars and then we get them a couple of things that they didn't ask for. I like to go to the dollar tree and fill a bag with lotion, powder, toothpaste and brush, whatever I see that they might like. I figure that if they don't need it they can pass it to someone who does. And don't forget the emery boards. They love having their own emery boards and Kleenex, shampoo, whatever. If they don't have their own soap and lotion, they have to use that institutional smelling stuff that's provided. Also, socks are always a good idea. They loose a lot of socks and old people's feet are always cold. I'm an authority on that one.

+ Reply to Thread