+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3983559;
    I learned that Kroger has its a/c set from its headquarters in Cincinnati....not locally. What kind of crap is that???
    It's bad BAS (Building Automation Systems)management. I can set everything I need at work remotely also but it works off of various factors -
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This is great! She had to get cruise control when she got caught driving 92 mph! The car has 562,000 miles.
    91 Year Old Woman Shows Off Car Nearly Half A Century Old - Video - WISN Milwaukee
    Last edited by Unklescott; 07-16-2010 at 10:44 AM.

I love that clip, Unk
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3983526;
    I can tolerate heat pretty well. It's cold that I can't deal with. Yesterday it was HOT here. In the 90's with horribly high humidity. What bothers me though, is the stores that have their air conditioning set so low that you almost freeze before you get out of the store. It's too hot outside to wear warmer clothing, but too cold in the stores to wear summer clothes.
    What stores are those? Ours sure don't do that. It feels almost as warm in the stores as it is outside.

I do NOT tolerate heat well. It aggravates some of my health problems. I also get cold very easily, but right now would rather it be cold, because I have clothes for that. I can't shed many more clothes to cool off.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3985635;
    This is great! She had to get cruise control when she got caught driving 92 mph! The car has 562,000 miles.
    91 Year Old Woman Shows Off Car Nearly Half A Century Old - Video - WISN Milwaukee
    When I saw "Milwaukee," I wasn't surprised! She could have been any number of my relatives.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Imagine the surprise had you clicked on the link and seen your Aunt Rachael.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3985812;
    What stores are those? Ours sure don't do that. It feels almost as warm in the stores as it is outside.

I do NOT tolerate heat well. It aggravates some of my health problems. I also get cold very easily, but right now would rather it be cold, because I have clothes for that. I can't shed many more clothes to cool off.
    Some of the stores near my parents do that as well. If I dare to enter in shorts or tank top, I shiver. Not a clue why. I get freezing in the frozen foods section, or dairy, but for the love of things holy, the other 80% of the store would not suffer from an upwards nudge in temperature. They call them non-perishables for a reason.

Movie theaters typically do it as well. Truth told, I haven't found them as bad lately, but maybe that's because I wear jeans and bring a sweatshirt whether it's 90 out or 30. And almost any office building in NYC requires that you arm yourself with a blanket and sweater all summer.

I eagerly await the day when the human race masters basic indoor climate control.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3985812;
    I know what you mean. I was in Costco today and it only felt good in the dairy room. My daughter had to practically push me out of there.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was so glad to hear Emily Post's granddaughter talking about the lost etiquette of children (younger people, period) calling adults by their first names, unless the older person has given them permission, of course. This is an, incredibly, lost (and not taught) manner, and one of my pet peeves. Even at my age, I will not call anyone I even suspect to be my elder....no matter what their station in life....by their first name, until invited. Sometimes, I've found, that may be the only dignity that they have left.

Had to get that off my chest, and thank you for your kind attention.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3993291;
    Was so glad to hear Emily Post's granddaughter talking about the lost etiquette of children (younger people, period) calling adults by their first names, unless the older person has given them permission, of course. This is an, incredibly, lost (and not taught) manner, and one of my pet peeves. Even at my age, I will not call anyone I even suspect to be my elder....no matter what their station in life....by their first name, until invited. Sometimes, I've found, that may be the only dignity that they have left.
    Had to get that off my chest, and thank you for your kind attention.
    Same here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread