+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'd love to see a photo when you are finished. Sounds fun!

MRD

I want to see it too Gut. Take photos when you are finished.

I can't believe I am able to do the chip bag thing as usually I am not very dexterious. It helps if you hold the folded in sides with your thumbs as you use your fingers to pull the folded down part up and over. That way, the folded in sides don't slip out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Me three Gut! I want to see a picture as well! Good for you focusing on your new home!

I can do the chip bag, but like mrd suggests, that's what I ended up doing because if you don't, it just opens up again.

shay, thanks for the go ahead on indulging myself!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm getting better at the chip bag trick! Seemed to do something right last night just before I dozed off at 2 a.m. The bag was tight this morning, but both sides did not look the same. I guess it's the end result that counts. I have not totally given up yet!

I'm gonna have a loooong talk with this stupid bag!! I love learing new, odd tricks and I refuse to be defeated!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3974766;
    I'm getting better at the chip bag trick! Seemed to do something right last night just before I dozed off at 2 a.m. The bag was tight this morning, but both sides did not look the same. I guess it's the end result that counts. I have not totally given up yet!

I'm gonna have a loooong talk with this stupid bag!! I love learing new, odd tricks and I refuse to be defeated!!
    You go shay, you'll get it eventually. If this klutz can do it, then I know you can. I usually can't do anything like this, so was amazed when I did it the first time. A word of warning tho. Once you've done it about 6 times, the bag starts tearing.

I have wowed and amazed my entire family with this trick.
    Thanks Unk.

Glad I could keep you all amused.

Any tips from y'all Southerners on how to stay cool when the temperature rises towards the high nineties? (Well, 30-35 degrees Celsius; I'm not that good with the Fahrenheit system.) It is absolutely sweltering here in Sweden at the moment and has been for the last couple of weeks. I'm sooo not used to it - I mean, I'm from SWEDEN for heaven's sake! People from other countries occasionally ask me whether it's true that polar bears roam the streets of Stockholm. (For the record: not true.) But yeah, it's like a sauna here right now. I try to keep hydrated, dress in light fabrics and go swimming as often as I can but since I started work again last week it's been even more of a challenge. So, tips on how to stay relatively cool and level-headed in high temperatures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

When working, and the AC isn't - or I am outdoors. I keep a cool wet washcloth handy for the back of my neck. I even keep in in a cooler with ice when I can. But then, I'm also in the stage of needing it when there is snow on the ground. But it does help cool me down.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3978228;
    When working, and the AC isn't - or I am outdoors. I keep a cool wet washcloth handy for the back of my neck. I even keep in in a cooler with ice when I can. But then, I'm also in the stage of needing it when there is snow on the ground. But it does help cool me down.
    Thanks, schmoo2. We do have AC at the office but it doesn't seem to be working the way it should. I just might try the wet washclot thing soon.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

MRD

Loose, cotton clothing. Drink LOTS of water. We tend to eat a lot of cold fruit, especially melons as it's too hot to cook or eat or turn the oven on.

I also find that eating stuff with cucumber in it makes me feel cooler. Just the smell of cucumbers makes it seem cooler to me.

Do most physical activity early in the morning or evening. Lay down in the afternoon during the hottest part of the day. There is a reason that the Spanish and Italians siesta in the afternoon. The heat is it.

And yes, the wet washcloth thing works well. Also you can run cool water over your wrists and other pulse points to cool you down.

It's been horribly hot here this summer and my ac at home isn't able to keep up. So afternoons around here are not fun. I try to do everything I can in the mornings. And I haven't turned the oven on except the mornings in a couple weeks. I pre cook and then microwave later.

ETA: when drinking fluids, make sure that you are replacing electrolytes that you are sweating out. I don't know if they have Gatorade in Sweden, but it's a sport drink and it helps replace elctrolytes.

+ Reply to Thread