+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6188Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3950706;
    Just why would someone take a BACK SEAT?? the owners manual? ball hitch? OY VEY!
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3950924;
    PGM just told you that back seats are hard to get! I'd say that the manual and ball hitch are thefts of convenience....more like a "oh, while we are at it....."
    Sorry I was away all weekend and just saw these. I live in Austin, Texas and thefts of Ford F-350 4wheel drive, crew cab trucks are on the rise. At the major businesses like Dell, UPS, WalMart, trucks are stolen 10-15 per day. They find some of them in South Texas on their way to the border. Apparently the thieves use them for drug and people running from Mexico to Texas. They take out the back seats to use to add more people/drugs. I would hope they were selling them to chop shops and then we would get it back!!! They had to reassemble a seat from scratch - 2004 model - and reupholster it. It's been about 4-6 weeks now and we are getting pretty PO'd at the body shop. Mainly because they keep promising it on a certain day and then nothing. We have to call and then get the runaround and another promised day.

My refrigerator/freezer died over the weekend and we can't get someone to come look at it until Wednesday morning. Why couldn't it have died in the winter time when we could just stick our stuff outside to stay cold!? I had to throw a ton of stuff out. Now we are trying to get by with coolers and ice until we know if we can fix it or have to get a new one.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3953492;
    Sorry I was away all weekend and just saw these. I live in Austin, Texas and thefts of Ford F-350 4wheel drive, crew cab trucks are on the rise. At the major businesses like Dell, UPS, WalMart, trucks are stolen 10-15 per day. They find some of them in South Texas on their way to the border. Apparently the thieves use them for drug and people running from Mexico to Texas. They take out the back seats to use to add more people/drugs. I would hope they were selling them to chop shops and then we would get it back!!! They had to reassemble a seat from scratch - 2004 model - and reupholster it. It's been about 4-6 weeks now and we are getting pretty PO'd at the body shop. Mainly because they keep promising it on a certain day and then nothing. We have to call and then get the runaround and another promised day.
    See??? If you had a skeezy friend who would steal you a backseat, like somebody stole yours, you'd have your backseat by now!

Seriously, sorry for your major inconvenience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Closet, I have been there and know how you feel. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It isn't fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good news/bad news. The bank is willing to be very generous with their money. Bad news - the house I went to see today had a SWIMMING POOL hiding behind the ugly fence filled with slimey green water (above ground) and every baseboard pipe had burst and every single floor had water damage. Serious shame, because otherwise it was a darling house with two fireplaces. Back to the drawing board.
    Count your blessings!

There must be a better one around the bend for you dear Gutmutter.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm sure of it. Tomorrow bright and early, I'll cull through the list, go see promising houses, and then call to go inside the ones that seem likely. I've only just started and it's still June. I'd like to be in somewhere before school starts back up, but that still gives me some time.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3953771;
    I'm sure of it. Tomorrow bright and early, I'll cull through the list, go see promising houses, and then call to go inside the ones that seem likely. I've only just started and it's still June. I'd like to be in somewhere before school starts back up, but that still gives me some time.
    Good luck with your house hunting Gut!!

Tired of being on hold waiting for a customer rep to answer? Check out Welcome to LucyPhone.com - The Customer Switchboard

On Monday June 28, 2010, 12:16 am EDT

IN a recent Consumer Reports survey about everyday annoyances, with 10 being “annoys you tremendously,” respondents rated the failure to get a human being on a customer service line an 8.6, second only to hidden fees (8.9) and more irritating than spam e-mail (7.5) and inaccurate meteorologists (4.3), which was at the bottom of the list.

A new company, LucyPhone, is offering a solution: when put on hold, users can hang up, and are then called back when a customer service representative finally picks up. On the free service’s Web site, LucyPhone.com, users type in a customer service number (or click on one of many stored on the site), as well as their own. The company also has submitted a free iPhone application to Apple, which it expects to be approved soon.

Founded by Mike Oristian, 36, and his brother Tom, 30, who live in Richmond, Va., LucyPhone has been available since March and been lauded on blogs like Lifehacker and The Consumerist. But LucyPhone still needs to raise its profile, and for that the high-tech, automated start-up is taking a high-tech, automated approach.

It has set up a real-time search of messages sent by Twitter users for phrases like “on hold with,” which are apt to be complaints about customer service. Through its own Twitter account, LucyPhone automatically signs up to follow those users, who, when they notice new followers, often click on their profiles out of curiosity.

On March 14, for instance, Dave Cirilli sent out a Twitter message that read, “Aaaaand that would be THREE HOURS on hold with 1-800-JETBLUE! Okay, @JetBlue, you beat me! You wore me down! I give. Goodnight.”

After later noticing that he was being followed by LucyPhone, Mr. Cirilli, who lives in New York, tried the service. (Then it came full circle: Mr. Cirilli, who it turns out is a partner at Giant Noise, a public relations agency with offices in New York and Austin, approached LucyPhone and was hired to promote the service.)

On LucyPhone.com, meanwhile, under the heading “Angst abounds on Twitter,” a stream of recent Twitter messages appears from frustrated customers. On June 25, for example, there was a message from Twitter user Meadloaf, who was “on hold with the IRS for 28 minutes, when they answered I got so excited that I fumbled the phone and hung up. Start over.”......rest of story

Gut, you are more than welcome!

Speaking of shipping and handling charges, when I was in Florida in May with a g/f we came across beauty wipes, aloe or cucumber or green tea. Wipes to remove makeup. They were a pack of 30 for $3.00, the saleslady said they are moist and right down to the last one, they never dry out. They have a peel back seal to open and you press it back after you take one out. We each bought one package. While in Florida we didn't want to open it, in case they dried up.

When we got home, we thought they were the best thing since slice bread. We searched everywhere, and of course can't find any. Found some on Amazon, you can only buy a maximum of 3 packages, as low as $1.75 each, same brand, Beauty Treats, shipping and handling $18.00!!!

Moral of the story? I need to go back to Florida!!

+ Reply to Thread