+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3951966;
    It will be hard for me, too, because you're such an angel!
    *shucks** PSHAW** shuffles feet**
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3951975;
    *shucks** PSHAW** shuffles feet**
    When I clicked on this thread the first post I saw was the one I quoted, by some "just1paul" and I thought, "Not only did they steal gabriel's avatar, but they stole his title too!!!" Then I saw how many posts "just1paul" had and I thought, "How did they get that many posts without me ever seeing them before!!!!"

Congrats on the name change gabriel just1paul!!!! Is there a story behind the just1 part of it?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3952010;
    When I clicked on this thread the first post I saw was the one I quoted, by some "just1paul" and I thought, "Not only did they steal gabriel's avatar, but they stole his title too!!!" Then I saw how many posts "just1paul" had and I thought, "How did they get that many posts without me ever seeing them before!!!!"

Congrats on the name change gabriel just1paul!!!! Is there a story behind the just1 part of it?
    Somewhat, a superior of mine years ago was talking one time about how no one in any company is indispensable and can be replaced, but you cannot always replace the caliber of the person, simply stated he said there is only just one Paul. fast forward to the internet and my getting online in 1998 I needed a screen name for a few sites I was going to and I wanted my name, but it was already taken, so was justonepaul, so I took just1paul and here we are. I had the gabriel name also after a good friend but this suits me better. Sorry about the long winded post.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

And I always thought your name was Gabriel. Or Dean.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Congrats on the name change, just1paul. I saw it earlier and thought this paul fellow must be a character to be cheeky enough to steal your avatar. From the little I've seen you are indeed a character, one of those sweet souls everyone wants to call friend.

No, I'm not sucking up. Much.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Denimlady;3952131;
    Congrats on the name change, just1paul. I saw it earlier and thought this paul fellow must be a character to be cheeky enough to steal your avatar. From the little I've seen you are indeed a character, one of those sweet souls everyone wants to call friend.

No, I'm not sucking up. Much.
    I can testify that he is indeed a sweet soul and a good friend. To everyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the explaination j1p, I was going to ask if Paul is your real name, who's gabriel? Love the story about your superior!

Hey everyone *waives awkwardly* Hope you're all doing well. Just wanted to pop in and offer some virtual chocolate chip cookies and a hello.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Hey CaliLily! I'm off for a swim and then an appointment with a loan officer at the bank to start the buying process. Cross your fingers that she sees what a sterling citizen I am. Then I go to my realtor and hope he has time to show me a couple of houses I'm interested in. One, in particular... not much to look at now, but if it's sound, structurally, I'd like to get to work on it as soon as possible while I have summer vacation. It's a little ranch built in the '70s with 2 fireplaces and a long roofed deck. It is around the corner from a development of new McMansions, but secluded yet only 5 miles out of town off a minor highway. The yard has no plantings whatsoever so a perfect blank canvas for creative gardening. I'm not big on painting and wallpapering, but I love to garden and design outdoor spaces.
    GuardianAngel has been just that - my guardian angel, helping understand what to ask/look for/think about when considering a house. A public "Thank you!" to her.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 06-28-2010 at 06:13 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Entertaining myself, during this "as vicious as satan" heat, by ording things on line that have no shipping and handling charges....just for the fun of it. This is why I need to get out!! Actually ordered something from Walgreens, which is right around the corner from me, because it met the minimum!! Can you say, "Hard up for entertainment!"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread