+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7188Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, it sounds like you have a very knowledgeable and caring realtor. That is half the battle! Purchasing a home under foreclosure has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage may be the price, however how much money would you have to put into it to be livable, some can be in very distressed conditions because the former owners did not have the funds to update/maintain and have nothing to loose and just walk out. They may owe more than the mortgage balance, so they don't have any choice, which is sad.

The long closing process always baffles me. You would think the lender would want a quick closing, however it needs to be approved by so many people, it takes so long.

Sometimes when comparing a home under foreclosure and one that's not that may be a little higher priced, it is more to your advantage to choose the latter, because of the costs of repairs, that the first home may need. Hope that makes sense.

You are a great client in the eyes of realtor, you do not have a home to sell which hinders alot of transactions.

Also a home that's for sale, not under foreclosure, the people may be able to close quicker, they may be wanting to purchase something else and would be willing to accept a reduced offer for a quick closing.

So many things to take into consideration! As far as mortgages, the US feds kept the rate low today and are at the lowest average in 30 yrs. I've been in this crazy business for many years. Although an adjustable rate mortgage is a good deal in Canada, the fixed rate in the U.S is a great deal!

Don't worry about knowing nothing, professionals are sensative to that and deal with it everyday.

You can PM me with any questions any time.

Praying to the Patron Saint Anne who was the mother of the Virgin Mary, grandmother of Jesus, whose patronage is:
    Patronage carpenters; childless people; equestrians; grandparents; homemakers/housewives; lace makers; lost articles; Fasnia(Tenerife); miners; mothers; moving house; old-clothes dealers; poverty; pregnancy; seamstresses; stablemen; sterility; turesesners

THanks to both Bunny and MRD for the updates about Bug's son.
    Wonderful news to read.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks GuardianAngel!!! I'll keep you in mind.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3949012;
    I filed the bank paperwork and have an appointment Monday. Then I scooted right over to the nearest realtor and discovered an old friend working there. He walked me through the internet listings that will be e-mailed to me as they become available starting with all the ones in the price range and area I chose. Then we looked at 3 or 4 specifically while he answered all my questions very gently and tolerantly... I mean, I know nothing. I have about 20 or 30 awaiting me to study on my e-mail which I'm going to go do now. With one click I can see a map and photos. He showed me things to look out for that I wouldn't have thought of on my own, like what wording means it's tied up with a bank and could draw out the selling process. He said if I found something today and the bank approved, it would take 5 or 6 weeks minimum to close. So I could own a new home in August! Please, please, please help me with whatever means of prayers, happy thoughts, good wishes, thoughts to the universe, etc. you're comfortable with.
    You got it! Sending you the best thoughts I can.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Without saying!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3944833;
    It's been 3 nights now, and I've noticed even a significant improvement in his daytime wakefulness. Used to really annoy me that we'd be watching a movie "together" and when I'd turn to make a comment to him, he'd be sound asleep on the love seat. He's adjusting well to the device, and I've stopped waking up every couple of minutes to make sure he's still breathing.

Interesting coincidence, Paula. My name is Paula, too!
    Well, Hi Paula!

I'm glad you've been able to see some improvement in your husbands condition. My husband's blood pressure went down and he also had ALOT more energy. The dr told us we both would lose weight after he had been on the CPAP for a month or so. He said most wives told him that they had lost weight, mainly because they were getting sleep now and weren't stress eating. It's a miserable life to live with a Super Snorer! Hope the good sleep continues--- for you both.

Paula

Meanwhile I'm driving a loaner because my car window won't roll up. They've had my car a week now and when I called they said it would be at least another week to get the part. It is a 2008 Hyundai. How is it possible in this day and age of computer networks that it would take over 2 weeks to get a 2 year old car part???!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Gut, that has to be so frustrating. Where is the part coming from? timbucktoo? Geesh

The meaning of "customer service" has changed over the years. Now it means, I'll get to it when I get to it. I do not have any patience for poor customer service.

I received a compliment the other day from one of my clients, she said she just had to say how much she appreciates that everytime she calls, I answer the phone. She has never had to leave a voice mail. So many companies that have voice mail, have a standard message, they'll return the call in 48 hours.

Apparently it's coming from Korea. But you can't tell me that with a little bit of computer work, they couldn't find somebody somewhere with a dealership in this country who has the part and could ship it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3950413;
    Apparently it's coming from Korea. But you can't tell me that with a little bit of computer work, they couldn't find somebody somewhere with a dealership in this country who has the part and could ship it.
    Ugh - don't get me started on car parts! we had our truck stolen in May and 6 weeks later, still dont' have a replacement back seat. yes, they took the back seat out of it when they stole it. We got it back in relatively good condition. They messed up the inside front - ignition and stuff. Took out one of the batteries, the ball hitch, the owner's manual and the back seat. WOW. and 6 weeks later, still no back seat. Ugh so frustrating!

+ Reply to Thread