+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6151Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

We'll be waiting to hear how it goes.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Don't you just hate it when you get a new catalog and want half the stuff in there? I just got a new Vermont Country Store catalog and it is full of stuff that I want. Mrs Beasley, Dick and Jane flannel sheets, bunny slippers, candy, to name a few. Wish my ship would come in.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2122712;
    Don't you just hate it when you get a new catalog and want half the stuff in there? I just got a new Vermont Country Store catalog and it is full of stuff that I want. Mrs Beasley, Dick and Jane flannel sheets, bunny slippers, candy, to name a few. Wish my ship would come in.

I still have my Mrs. Beasley Doll from the mid 1960's.

I love to look at catalogs, but am like you, I want everything in them.

Well here I am at work on my first day and there is NOTHING to do. The boss had to be out of the office, so I got a 30 min. crash course and I've been stuffing envelopes until now. Have answered exactly 3 phone calls and no one has come in. The biggest problem I see with this job is that its going to be REALLY boring. There will be more stuff to do once I get trained, but not a lot more. The other salesman said that I should bring a book as most days I'm just going to be sitting here. Oh boy. At least he's nice and has been extremely helpful. The boss is one of those that I may be posting about in the bad boss thread soon.
    But he did tell me I could surf the web, so at least I can check in with my fellow forters.

Thanks for the best wishes guys. Oh and I did find out that I am office manager number 8 in a year. So wonder how long before they will be hiring number 9???
    Apparantly the head office has put the hammer down on this place so from what it sounds like is that if I don't work out, they will NOT be happy with the boss here.

Man, was looking forward to not having to deal with drama and already on the first day there is drama. The 2 salesmen don't speak to each other much and the head salesman/boss is a control freak. Guess I can see why they keep going through managers. Tomorrow ought to be REALLY fun as word has come down today that my boss and the other salesman are now 2 separate companies (one selling windows, one selling doors) and it is not going to make my boss happy at ALL!

Wonder if I will have this job long. I really don't care what they do or say to each other. I'll do my job and that's it. Oh and I'll be working for the other salesman now as well, so I will have 2 bosses that don't get along. The email from the head company said they are to share office space, supplies and me, but will be two distinctly separate companies operating out of the same parent company. Believe me, I was around bossman this morning enough to know that he is NOT going to be happy.

Well, I am now starring in my own reality show!
    Last edited by MRD; 10-30-2006 at 03:01 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2122712;
    Oh, I love that place! So nostalgic. Their website is great to look at also.

I sent Dad suspenders and I sent other relatives some of the foodie treats, Charles Chips, nostalgic candy, and at Easter tried to send the coconut lamb cake to a couple people but it never did ship. That's what I can think of offhand, but I get raves back whenever I've sent something to someone. I've heard their ginger snaps are great. Not overly sweet.

Maybe I should just spend my Christmas money on ME, ya think?

My house smells like Corned Beef... my mom is making it for my dad for dinner in the crockpot. So they whole house stinks of it. *cries* Oh well, atleast I wont have to eat it for dinner, as I have school tonight.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2122853;
    Maybe I should just spend my Christmas money on ME, ya think?
    I dunno...my own list gets shorter each year, as relatives my age have had too many kids by now to keep up with everyone, (us = one household, them = 10 or more, more than one kid each? No. Lol.). So it's not an issue...I take care of immediate family and the rest get cards...this year we are even sending fewer cards due to a family kerfuffle.

But I do think it's healthy to treat yourself at this time of year also. Especially as 'we' get older and we're also at the short end of many Christmas lists! With all the goodies everywhere, special prices, gift sets, etc., why not give in to at least one treat for yourself. I see nothing wrong in that. I have a hunch you would not do so anyway until you've checked the other names off your list. So - indulge! JMO.

Ooh! I love corned beef. May I have yours? What time shall I show up? Will there be leftovers for sandwiches?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Oh Newf, me too!

Now if I just had my flannel Dick and Jane sheets, my corned beef on rye, with horseradish mustard, and a fountain coke. I'm about to cry here!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When I Christmas shop, I've adopted the "something for you....something for me!" mantra. That is one happy way to shop!! It's amazing how I end up getting exactly what I want for Christmas!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-30-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread