+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5955Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Please pass along our best wishes and see if you can share. I've been worried as well.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sending her healing thoughts and prayers!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3945899;
    I enjoy customer service, and I am good at it. It requires a certain mindset. mrd, you strike me as somebody who would be very good at it.
    I am extremely good at it, if I do say so myself. I actually pride myself on the good customer service I am able to give when I have a job. If I could just get to the interview stage, I could prove that to potential employers.

I have heard from Bug too. She's just busy with her son. He's home, he's doing well. He is still receiving treatments and will need additional surgery at some point. She is very optimistic. He is behaving like a normal teenager: driving her crazy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by bunny555;3947001;
    not that i know of, gabriel. She's been sending out updates and a few photos through e-mail. I don't think she'd mind if i shared the news that he graduated from high school last week and recieved a standing ovation from the crowd.
    all riiiiightttttttt!!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Hubby had to call the IRS today as we are filing for the new home tax credit.

Anyway he was on hold with them a while (yeah, go figure right?) and he says to me: "I don't know why the recording keeps calling me a client, I'm more of a victim."

Gutmutter Soap Opera update: After spinning my wheels trying to find an apartment that will allow a cat and a dog and seeing some truly horrendous living conditions in the process, I have decided to look into buying. I went to the bank yesterday for the mortgage papers to fill out. I need to know if/how much they'd let me borrow. I've been a steady client for 9 years and have had the same steady job for 12 years with moderately good pay (especially for this area). The only credit smirch is when my daughter got confused about her school loans I had co-signed, her first year out of college, but she's on top of that now. I don't know how badly that hurt me. I know there are a lot of foreclosed properties in our town and those surrounding us. I hope to find something quickly... small, not in a crowded neighborhood, easy to heat, preferably near some woods. So those of you rooting for me, that's the new plan. The last week since I sold my house has been crazy. I'm very fortunate to have my friend who constantly assures me that it is her pleasure to have me stay in the other side of her duplex in spite of the dog having a few anxiety accidents. (Her daughter's HUGE dog did major damage, so Taro's 2 little ones were really minor). I am feeling more settled now, but really, really, really want to have a place to call home (and start decorating).
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, sending you positive thoughts. You will find the right spot where you fit. I'm confident of it.

I've been wondering how the saga was going, and keeping you in my prayers when I wondered. Now I know how to update my prayers! Hopefully you'll find something perfect soon. What a generous, kind friend. Those can be few and far between.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Sending very positive and fast "woo-doo" to Gut in your quest!

I filed the bank paperwork and have an appointment Monday. Then I scooted right over to the nearest realtor and discovered an old friend working there. He walked me through the internet listings that will be e-mailed to me as they become available starting with all the ones in the price range and area I chose. Then we looked at 3 or 4 specifically while he answered all my questions very gently and tolerantly... I mean, I know nothing. I have about 20 or 30 awaiting me to study on my e-mail which I'm going to go do now. With one click I can see a map and photos. He showed me things to look out for that I wouldn't have thought of on my own, like what wording means it's tied up with a bank and could draw out the selling process. He said if I found something today and the bank approved, it would take 5 or 6 weeks minimum to close. So I could own a new home in August! Please, please, please help me with whatever means of prayers, happy thoughts, good wishes, thoughts to the universe, etc. you're comfortable with.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread