+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5654Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #15171
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3944671;
    I have sent out so many resumes and made so many applications and I don't even get the courtesy of a rejection notice.

    I think I am overqualifed for the jobs I'm applying for, but I need a flex schedule because of school.

    So have decided that from now on, what I'm sending out is this:

    Jobs you have had: Billly Bob's scrap yard and boiled peanuts.
    The do it yourself dental store.
    Head sales girl at Mud flaps R Us

    I am lazy, tardy, could give a flip about details. I hate people of all kinds, procrastinate and want to do nothing except pick up my paycheck at the end of the week. I will add nothing to your company but misery. I see the Petty Cash box as my own personal bank loan. I have no goals and no ambition. I drink on the job. I need this job because I have to make payments on my latest tattoo and because the bail bondsman wants the rest of his money as my ex missed his court date again.

    I swear I'm going to do it. I absolutely swear. I am getting no where the other way.
    Hey, I owned a restaurant about 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure you worked for me.

    I do know what you mean though. I have a job that I absolutely despise most of the time. No benefits, it's hard on my feet and my back, and there is CONSTANT drama going on between the employees that they continually try to drag me into, but the hours are flexible enough for me to work it around my school and the times I have my grand daughters, so I guess I'm stuck there until I graduate. I just hope the job market is better when I get out of school.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #15172
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3944671;
    I have sent out so many resumes and made so many applications and I don't even get the courtesy of a rejection notice.

    I think I am overqualifed for the jobs I'm applying for, but I need a flex schedule because of school.

    So have decided that from now on, what I'm sending out is this:

    Jobs you have had: Billly Bob's scrap yard and boiled peanuts.
    The do it yourself dental store.
    Head sales girl at Mud flaps R Us

    I am lazy, tardy, could give a flip about details. I hate people of all kinds, procrastinate and want to do nothing except pick up my paycheck at the end of the week. I will add nothing to your company but misery. I see the Petty Cash box as my own personal bank loan. I have no goals and no ambition. I drink on the job. I need this job because I have to make payments on my latest tattoo and because the bail bondsman wants the rest of his money as my ex missed his court date again.

    I swear I'm going to do it. I absolutely swear. I am getting no where the other way.
    And if rather than pool parties, you've decided that you'd prefer to sleep through work, you'd be a lock for one of the cushy jobs as a token booth operator for the MTA!

    I swear, in my experience, most of the train operators and bus drivers have been polite, courteous, competent and occasionally really helpful... and they save their surliest and most impatient employees for, naturally, the most customer-service oriented positions.

  3. #15173
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3944911;
    Hey, I owned a restaurant about 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure you worked for me.

    I do know what you mean though. I have a job that I absolutely despise most of the time. No benefits, it's hard on my feet and my back, and there is CONSTANT drama going on between the employees that they continually try to drag me into, but the hours are flexible enough for me to work it around my school and the times I have my grand daughters, so I guess I'm stuck there until I graduate. I just hope the job market is better when I get out of school.
    Oh good, then I can use you as a reference?

    Missy, it's been my experience with all customer service jobs that the ones that hate people get to deal with the public.

    I'm just trying to find something that will work around school.

    Hubby got TWO jobs. I can't even find ONE!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #15174
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3944671;
    I have sent out so many resumes and made so many applications and I don't even get the courtesy of a rejection notice.

    I think I am overqualifed for the jobs I'm applying for, but I need a flex schedule because of school.

    So have decided that from now on, what I'm sending out is this:

    Jobs you have had: Billly Bob's scrap yard and boiled peanuts.
    The do it yourself dental store.
    Head sales girl at Mud flaps R Us

    I am lazy, tardy, could give a flip about details. I hate people of all kinds, procrastinate and want to do nothing except pick up my paycheck at the end of the week. I will add nothing to your company but misery. I see the Petty Cash box as my own personal bank loan. I have no goals and no ambition. I drink on the job. I need this job because I have to make payments on my latest tattoo and because the bail bondsman wants the rest of his money as my ex missed his court date again.

    I swear I'm going to do it. I absolutely swear. I am getting no where the other way.
    Hey now! Are you my ex-daughter-in-law?

  5. #15175
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    24,995

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I enjoy customer service, and I am good at it. It requires a certain mindset. mrd, you strike me as somebody who would be very good at it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #15176
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,062

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Has anyone heard from Buglover lately? I've been thinking about her and her son and hoping things are going well, but I'm worried since she hasn't been around for a little while.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  7. #15177
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3946365;
    Has anyone heard from Buglover lately? I've been thinking about her and her son and hoping things are going well, but I'm worried since she hasn't been around for a little while.
    I was thinking about her and her son also. Can we send an email? her last visit was 6/10/2010
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  8. #15178
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Bug has been sending out updates every few days. I've let her know that she is missed here and will ask permission to share any news if she's too busy to get on here.
    CYA

  9. #15179
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3946661;
    Bug has been sending out updates every few days. I've let her know that she is missed here and will ask permission to share any news if she's too busy to get on here.
    Did bug open a caring bridge or similar pages?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  10. #15180
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Not that I know of, Gabriel. She's been sending out updates and a few photos through e-mail. I don't think she'd mind if I shared the news that he graduated from high school last week and recieved a standing ovation from the crowd.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-23-2010 at 12:11 AM.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.