+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5768Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Has it really been that long? I still love to watch the infomercials for the DVDs of his old show. He had such an infectious smile.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3938611;
    Has it really been that long? I still love to watch the infomercials for the DVDs of his old show. He had such an infectious smile.
    Dec 25, 1995 he passed away. I had a conversation recently with my right hand man Bob at work about different entertainers or as Dean called himself a personality - and there was something about Dean Martin that we can't put our finger on because he seemed to have done it all and so well.

His old producer Greg Garrison said that he had 14 different shades of a smile.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gut! I immediatly pictured you in your new cottage on the lake while reading your post upthread. It sounds adorable, and ever so comforting. Being near water, always makes one calm, IMO.

I have a little electric fireplace, adorable, $90 at the local big box hardware store. It runs on 2cents an hour. I would turn it on during really cold days during the winter, and only from the time I got home from work till bed time, it saved a ton on my heating bills.

Perhaps you could check into something like that for a heating alternative.

FYI Realtors get little to nothing for finding rental accomodations, and sometimes are only doing it as a favour for someone. They are never in a hurry to call back an interested party. Maybe you could go back there and talk to the neighbour again and see if they can contact the owner?

Finally managed to corner the head realtor and he said it is already spoken for. I asked why the "for rent" sign is still up and the realitor handling the property hadn't called back in 3 days and he said she had a death in the family. So back to square one and a little depressed. So I went to sit in the shade near a pond with my windows rolled down so I could read and escape my problems for a while. When I got ready to head "home" my passenger window wouldn't roll up. Of course they can't fit me in until Monday so I have to tape some plastic up against the weather and hope there aren't any vandals in the area.
    Count your blessings!

Aw, pooh! I hope you casn find somethig else you like just as well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh Darn Gut! That just means the right place for you is still waiting out there for you to discover it! That pillow will look perfectly in it!

I had the same problem a few months ago with my back left passenger window, power window motor went. My car is an 02, how much wear can a rear passenger window get? The mechanic, said that's the problem, it doesn't get used. So now, everyday I play with all the windows in my car, I put them down a few inches, back up when I get to work, down again when I leave, I hate A/C in the car unless I absolutly have to so its ok.

Coming right on the heels of finding out the lake rental wasn't available, I wallowed in some serious self-pity. But then I gave myself a stern lecture about others with much bigger problems and counted my blessings. That always does the trick. Today I'm going to the recycling/free room to see if there's anything I gave away that I want back. Then I'll see if any realtors are open on Sat.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Who knows, the people looking at the cottage may change their mind about renting it. I've had that happen before.
    Sending you much thoughts and energy that you find exactly what's right for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

We spent our first night with hubby using a cPap machine last night.

I was amazed that it was so quiet. I could really not even hear the machine!

I was amazed that HE was so quiet. His sleep study showed severe obstructive sleep apnea. All I can tell you is that his snoring had gotten so bad that I sometimes made him sleep in the extra bedroom so I could get some sleep. Last night, I had to keep putting my hand on his chest to make sure he was breathing, because there was NO noise.

There will be a period of adjustment for this. Our prayer is that is will happen quickly. He says it's a bit claustrophobic to have this mask on that is forcing air into your lungs. But he's strong and tough. He'll make it! And I'm just grateful that he's breathing much easier when he's asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3941345;
    We spent our first night with hubby using a cPap machine last night. ... He says it's a bit claustrophobic to have this mask on that is forcing air into your lungs. But he's strong and tough. He'll make it! And I'm just grateful that he's breathing much easier when he's asleep.

My brother started using a CPAP a couple years ago. When he came out here to visit (pre-CPAP), his snoring woke us up in the next room -- with the doors closed! He told me that he adjusted much more quickly than he'd expected, and he was amazed at how much more energy he has during the day since using it. (There were times that he'd fall asleep mid-conversation.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread