+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7137Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You've gotta see this! Hot or Not: Sanuk The Tube Flop
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936513;
    You've gotta see this! Hot or Not: Sanuk The Tube Flop
    That is hilarious!! Isn't the whole point of sandals in the summer to stay cool? These look anything BUT!! I wonder how long it will be before I see people walking around in the 90 degree weather with these on??

ETA: Wow, $29.95 also seems like a steep price when I could get flip flops at Old Navy 2/$5.00 and a pair of tall tube socks for less than $5.00...

MRD

Oh my. Hmm, don't think those will have the popularity of the Snuggie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Update! The art teacher and I went together and looked at a cottage on the lake near her house yesterday that's for rent. There's a garage for my car and an outdoor patio with a built in grill and patio furniture overlooking the lake. The living room has a fire place and a free-standing bar with bar stools, so I wouldn't need to buy a kitchen table and chairs. It is fairly spacious. The kitchen was between that and the back room so it was hard to see from the windows (we walked all around looking in every window). There are 2 back "bedrooms" - small, but one could be an office/storage/craft room. I saw a small washer/dryer set-up! I hate laundromats. There is a little dock if I want a boat. The gym teacher said she has an extra row boat. I was thinking kayak, but I'd take the loan of a free row boat. I could bring my dog. He hates water, but he might like a boat. I'm waiting for the realtor to get back to me. I left a message at the office and on her cell phone, but it was late and I didn't get a call back yesterday. Meanwhile, the art teacher (M.) walked her dog and struck up a conversation with a neighbor. The neighbor thought the rent was $700/mo. but it was expensive to heat. I could make quilted window covers pretty cheap. I would love to get settled somewhere. I feel like I'm imposing on my friend here. She would deny it, but we're like The Odd Couple. She's prissy and neat, I'm laid back and messy. Prayers and heart-felt wishes welcome!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3937608;
    Update! The art teacher and I went together and looked at a cottage on the lake near her house yesterday that's for rent. There's a garage for my car and an outdoor patio with a built in grill and patio furniture overlooking the lake. The living room has a fire place and a free-standing bar with bar stools, so I wouldn't need to buy a kitchen table and chairs. It is fairly spacious. The kitchen was between that and the back room so it was hard to see from the windows (we walked all around looking in every window). There are 2 back "bedrooms" - small, but one could be an office/storage/craft room. I saw a small washer/dryer set-up! I hate laundromats. There is a little dock if I want a boat. The gym teacher said she has an extra row boat. I was thinking kayak, but I'd take the loan of a free row boat. I could bring my dog. He hates water, but he might like a boat. I'm waiting for the realtor to get back to me. I left a message at the office and on her cell phone, but it was late and I didn't get a call back yesterday. Meanwhile, the art teacher (M.) walked her dog and struck up a conversation with a neighbor. The neighbor thought the rent was $700/mo. but it was expensive to heat. I could make quilted window covers pretty cheap. I would love to get settled somewhere. I feel like I'm imposing on my friend here. She would deny it, but we're like The Odd Couple. She's prissy and neat, I'm laid back and messy. Prayers and heart-felt wishes welcome!
    Praying like crazy you get just the right place, quickly!

That sounds like the place for you, Gutmutter. And I suspect that while your friend's generorosity is appreciated, neither of you is able to be entirely comfortable given the difference in style.While you're making window covers, make a couple exxtra for the bed, and the couch, and the house won't be expensive to heat; if you have to, get a couple more cats!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Gut-many wishes for this to come through! Sounds like a dream!!

Still haven't heard from the realtor. Wonder if they're on vacation? You wouldn't think they'd ignore a call if they're trying to rent/sell properties. I went to Pier 1 Imports and bought a fancy pillow, visualizing it in the cottage, hoping to nudge the energy in that direction. This time next week, I could be out on the lake in my rowboat, with a big fruit salad and a pitcher of iced tea waiting for me at home in the fridge!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3938109;
    Still haven't heard from the realtor. Wonder if they're on vacation? You wouldn't think they'd ignore a call if they're trying to rent/sell properties. I went to Pier 1 Imports and bought a fancy pillow, visualizing it in the cottage, hoping to nudge the energy in that direction. This time next week, I could be out on the lake in my rowboat, with a big fruit salad and a pitcher of iced tea waiting for me at home in the fridge!
    Call the realtor again... Sounds like this place was meant for you.
    What a nice relaxing visual picture. Sending prayers your way.
    Now where is that tall, dark and handsome to row the boat for you?

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3938161;
    Now where is that tall, dark and handsome to row the boat for you?
    Unfortunately the one tall dark and handsome passed away 15 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread