+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6420Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I feel like I've been getting peeved a lot lately, but I ran into something yesterday that I just have to get out. I stopped at Target on my way home from work and there was a girl there with her parents. I would put her at around 12 years old. I'm not the best judge of age, but she definitely looked older than my 10 year old. This child was throwing a whining, begging, fit that I could hear SEVERAL aisles away (literally). As she walked by me at one point with her father she was hanging on his arm and doing this fake, hyperventilating, crying thing that was so obnoxious I wanted to walk up to her and tell her to knock it the heck off!! I would not have tolerated that from my children at ANY age and I could not believe her parents were putting up with it at all, much less in a public place!! GAH!!!

MRD

That's awful. Makes you wonder how she behaves at home if that is public behavior.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sounds like the brats in the pool at my complex -- which brings me to my good (?) news: we're moving into an apartment in a (much) quieter section of our complex. The bad news? Moving. After having been in the same place for 12 years. Management used to enforce the "quiet clause" of the rental agreement, but no more. Oh well -- good motivation for getting rid of a lot of stuff we no longer use.
    But geez -- if you don't know how to discipline kids, don't effin' have 'em!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3934786;
    I feel like I've been getting peeved a lot lately, but I ran into something yesterday that I just have to get out. I stopped at Target on my way home from work and there was a girl there with her parents. I would put her at around 12 years old. I'm not the best judge of age, but she definitely looked older than my 10 year old. This child was throwing a whining, begging, fit that I could hear SEVERAL aisles away (literally). As she walked by me at one point with her father she was hanging on his arm and doing this fake, hyperventilating, crying thing that was so obnoxious I wanted to walk up to her and tell her to knock it the heck off!! I would not have tolerated that from my children at ANY age and I could not believe her parents were putting up with it at all, much less in a public place!! GAH!!!
    And just where do you think this "little darling" learned what works in her family? From her darling parents!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not going to comment because I had a difficult child. She was difficult from birth. The others didn't turn out like her, so it's at least part personality.
    My house closed yesterday and I spent the first night with my friend. I brought the dog in to my classroom today because it's just teachers' last day cleaning things out. I didn't want to leave him alone in a strange place. I'm going to look at a cottage for rent on a lake today. It is small, but has a fireplace.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

sending good vibes on the cottage on the lake with fireplace. Sounds charming.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3936166;
    I'm going to look at a cottage for rent on a lake today. It is small, but has a fireplace.
    That sounds lovely -- fingers crossed for you!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3936166;
    I'm going to look at a cottage for rent on a lake today. It is small, but has a fireplace.
    That sounds like it could be wonderful. I hope it turns out to be just as good as it sounds!!

Congrats on the closing, Gut! That has to be a huge relief.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I guess I won't be getting a new neighbor then. I'm sure it's a relief to you to close the deal.

+ Reply to Thread