+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I had meant to add - that we have a hover floor scruber. Has worked hard for about 15 years. And does a great job!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My floors are tile, so now I'm concerned. What to do, what to do? Do you think it's one of those things that has a learning curve, but can get better with time? The jury is still out on this toy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3929722;
    I've always dreamt of furnishing my living space from an import shop. Now's my chance! I'll need all new everything. Yay!
    Despite the shock and heartbreak of your mother's decision, you were able to get rid of alot of stuff that you no longer wanted or needed. This is now an opportunity to bring in new stuff, along with new directions and new opportunities.

I do however agree, this is something that needs to be discussed face to face with your mother, everything out in the open, so you know exactly what has happened for her to change her mind. I'm wondering if other members of he family have made comments to her that are not necessarily accurate.

Thanks GuardianAngel. I am counting as many blessings as I can find. Getting out from under this huge old house and all the STUFF is right up there. I have a friend who is letting me stay with her with my pets for as long as it takes to get my feet back under me. She owns a duplex and only lives in half using the other side for storage and when her kids come to visit. I told my mom I couldn't house sit. My brother lives 20 min. away and has two grown children living at home. I'm sure one or both of them can house sit, or at least come over to check on things. Now I just have to hope she'll let me store my stuff there until I have somewhere to put it.
    Count your blessings!

Late this afternoon I glanced out a back window and hollered, "What is THAT?!?!" It was the Direct TV blimp, going right over our backyard, really low. It was probably coming from the NASCAR race at MIS this afternoon. I quick snapped a couple of pictures, but haven't posted a picture in such a long time that I don't remember how.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3932029;
    Thanks GuardianAngel. I am counting as many blessings as I can find. Getting out from under this huge old house and all the STUFF is right up there. I have a friend who is letting me stay with her with my pets for as long as it takes to get my feet back under me. She owns a duplex and only lives in half using the other side for storage and when her kids come to visit. I told my mom I couldn't house sit. My brother lives 20 min. away and has two grown children living at home. I'm sure one or both of them can house sit, or at least come over to check on things. Now I just have to hope she'll let me store my stuff there until I have somewhere to put it.
    Good for you Gut. Let someone else housesit.
    And that's great that you have a friend who is willing to let you stay there until you can get on your feet. Show your mom that you don't need what she's offering, you can do it on your own! You have and you can continue to do so.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

After e-mailing with my mom this morning, we've agreed on a compromise. I'm going to go for a week, organize my stuff, get what I need for the immediate future, and store the rest in her attic. That way I won't have to do another crazy 3 days of drive, pack, drive, unpack, and I'll have the stuff I really want right away. She'll either find someone else to house sit or someone else to help the guy with the bed and breakfast (the reason I was house sitting in the first place).
    Count your blessings!

Just had a 5.7 quake about 45 minutes ago, and a 4.5 aftershock 15 minutes ago! Nothing like a little cardio right before bed!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yikes, Ellen, stay safe. I hope the earthquakes are done for the night so you can get some sleep! 5.7 is pretty good sized...

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3934167;
    Yikes, Ellen, stay safe. I hope the earthquakes are done for the night so you can get some sleep! 5.7 is pretty good sized...
    Thanks! I hope so, too -- for the sake of getting some sleep. Apparently, we've had something like 45 aftershocks, but only about half were "feel-able." I'm not really scared, but I have a really sensitive middle/inner ear, so I notice when things are a'shakin'. Usually it's fascinating, but when I'm tired it's just annoying. Of course my dear hubby is sound asleep...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread