+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, Look to the positive! Could be your mom's judgement is a little off. Could be a relative snafu'd the deal. Could be your mama found out all of us were moving there for our retirement and she couldn't handle it! Take some time to see what YOU want to really do, then go for it! You know we got your back!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On another topic....has anyone had any experience with/heard of experiences with a steam mop? I'm thinking about spending about $100.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Wow, Gut, I don't know what to say, but everyone's given you some great advice. I'm sorry that this happened to you, but again, better to know now than once you got moved, settled in and got a job.

And I wouldn't address it in an email. I can't believe your mother did. This is phone or face to face stuff, not email type stuff.

I wish you the best of luck. If the past 3 months has taught me anything, it is to wait a while before saying anything and to just be open to what the universe is trying to tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've learned not only to never have a conversation when I am newly upset, but to wait a little while until after I think I've calmed down...and then wait a little longer...to get into discussion.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gut - I agree with everyone telling you to wait a bit to talk to your mother. In this situation, I'd just sit down and write a letter, saying EVERYTHING I'm feeling...and then not send it. That way, you get out all your thoughts and frustrations, but you don't say anything you can't take back. Plus, it may help you get your thoughts together when you do talk to your mother.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Exactly! Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.

I can remember 'scripting' things out.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.

wow, Gut, that is shocking. You've had great advice here, don't have anything to add to that. You are in my prayers as you resolve this situation.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3928692;
    On another topic....has anyone had any experience with/heard of experiences with a steam mop? I'm thinking about spending about $100.
    Mixed reviews from me. Great on the bathroom floors. Not great in the kitchen where there is more "mess" that really needs water and soap.
    Doesn't do well on tile - dries very blotchy.

I've always dreamt of furnishing my living space from an import shop. Now's my chance! I'll need all new everything. Yay!
    Count your blessings!

prhoshay - I bought the 'Shark' steam mop. I still think the old mop and bucket is a more thorough clean.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread