+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I never gave notice. I told the principal that I was house sitting in Ohio for the summer and would be looking to see what employment was like there. My job is secure. I've been there 12 years. I'm still in shock and sick to my stomach. I guess I'll find a place to rent, move my stuff back, and won't have to worry about the health insurance/retirement part of the picture. I've been wanting to downsize my STUFF for years, so that's good.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm not sure what the initial verbal agreement was with your Mom.
    I would, however, discuss it with her, either by phone or in person, as opposed to email. Sounds like she / you have 2 different takes on the situation. Never a good situation in a family.
    I hope you can come to a resolution that works for the both of you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow Gut, what a kick in the head that must have been. I'll keep sending good thoughts your way hoping that it all works out alright for you. Many times, when one door closes, another door opens. Are you comfortable with calling your mom and finding out what (or who) is behind this total about face? Maybe if you talk to her you can at least get some answers. I wish you luck.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gut, I'm sorry about what you're going through! What a shock that must have been. If I were you, I'd take a day or two to just absorb what has happened before confronting your mom. You don't want to say anything you might come to regret. After you've had a chance to calm down, then I'd call her and try to talk through it rationally with her and see why she changed her mind.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Gut, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you get everything straightened out.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3927422;
    I am in shock. I just got an e-mail my mom wrote to me and all my siblings completely changing the deal she and I had (verbally) with adding my name to her house title when I move there ONE WEEK FROM NOW. I feel betrayed, abused, confused, angry. I'm thinking now I'll house-sit the month she's gone and then come back here and find an apartment/house and move everything back and resume my job. It would sure make retirement and insurance issues a lot easier. But it will leave a blot on my feeling toward my mom that will never go away. Any comfort, advice, etc. would be a balm right now. I'm literally in shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3927763;
    I never gave notice. I told the principal that I was house sitting in Ohio for the summer and would be looking to see what employment was like there. My job is secure. I've been there 12 years. I'm still in shock and sick to my stomach. I guess I'll find a place to rent, move my stuff back, and won't have to worry about the health insurance/retirement part of the picture. I've been wanting to downsize my STUFF for years, so that's good.
    I am speechless. But maybe there is a silver lining here for you. There is a reason, you just don't know it yet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gut, I'm so sorry this happened. I can't even imagine how hurt you must be. I agree with Mariner - could this be one of your siblings talking to your mother? I have to wonder why she changed her mind all of a sudden. Regardless of why, I don't think I'd house sit either. Her last minute decision has put you in a horrible position. You need this time to find a new place and get settled into it.

Hang in there, Gut. I know you're probably feeling a whole range of emotions. You were moving in one direction and now everything has changed. My feeling is that the person whose needs should come first are YOURS! Do what you need to do for yourself right now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you everyone! I knew I could count on some comfort here. I'm going to give myself at least one good night's sleep before I talk to her. I'm a Pollyanna by nature, so I'm already thinking of silver linings... I'll still have the YMCA pool to swim in, friends, good, secure job with benefits, a place for my daughter in college to land when she's home on breaks, my own schedule to keep as I see fit. I'm out from under the tons of STUFF and the old house I was terrified would fall apart. So a leaner, cleaner life. I'll just have to work on finding somewhere to live now.
    Count your blessings!

My thoughts exactly, Gutmutter; at least the situation lit a fire under you to do what you had been putting off. And while I know you still feel sucker punched, here's another really good thing-- be ever thankful that whoever is doing the pudding stirring, or if your mom did do it herself, you found out NOW and not, say, mid-October after thinking everything was peachy and doing away with all ties to MA.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As has been said, all things happen for a reason, and never have a deep conversation while you're still angry. I'd probably even wait a week before addressing it, after a lot of introspection with myself. Within that time, it will be interesting to see if she approaches you with the subject. You might be surprised at what you learn.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread