+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5667Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

veejer, I'm glad your safe.

The lotto was $50 million this weekend. A bunch of us threw in $5.00 to buy tickets. The last name I noticed on the list was 13 of us. I'm not sure if there were more after that or not.

We all got a notice on pager this afternoon, "make sure everyone shows up Monday morning, we won 4 tickets".

In the past if we won free tickets or $10 (which is all that we have ever won), during our weekly Tuesday morning meeting, the ticket person advises what we won and we agree to buy more tickets because we have never won enough to split.

Why would the page say to make sure you're in Monday morning (I work in a real estate office so everyone doesn't necessarily come to the office everyday) just to be told we won 4 free tickets??? My son works in the same office, and I told him on Friday, to make sure he throws in his $5.00 because I wasn't sharing my winnings. I hope I was on to something!

Watch it be $100 or something, divided by 13, yeah, just buy more tickets!

I'm going to be checking here every hour on the hour until I hear what you won! Be sure to post.
    -Veejer How amazing that you got your graduation event in just in that window of good weather, and then ducked the tornado. Count your blessings indeed!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

veejer, I thought you lived north of me-glad that you're safe!

Gut, maybe some of your organization will trickle down to me!

GA, and maybe it'll be more than $100! Good Luck!!

make sure everyone shows up Monday morning, we won 4 tickets
    Translation, don't bother resigning, come to work because we only won 4 free tickets.

well it was fun while it lasted!

boooo! That's just wrong to get your hopes up like that... like those people who think it's funny to give a bogus "winning" scratch ticket as a joke gift.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3926240;
    boooo! That's just wrong to get your hopes up like that... like those people who think it's funny to give a bogus "winning" scratch ticket as a joke gift.
    booooooo is right! I watched Americas Funniest Home Videos and they had a few clips of this where the people would get so excited and then find out it was a joke. I would kill. I don't see the humor in it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I watched Americas Funniest Home Videos and they had a few clips of this where the people would get so excited and then find out it was a joke. I would kill. I don't see the humor in it.

I have seen those clips as well, and I think they are terrible. I would be sooo pissed if someone ever did that to me.

I am in shock. I just got an e-mail my mom wrote to me and all my siblings completely changing the deal she and I had (verbally) with adding my name to her house title when I move there ONE WEEK FROM NOW. I feel betrayed, abused, confused, angry. I'm thinking now I'll house-sit the month she's gone and then come back here and find an apartment/house and move everything back and resume my job. It would sure make retirement and insurance issues a lot easier. But it will leave a blot on my feeling toward my mom that will never go away. Any comfort, advice, etc. would be a balm right now. I'm literally in shock.
    Count your blessings!

Gut,

Do you think there is any chance this is the work of one of your siblings? If I were you, I'd take a deep breath and then hit "reply all" and send a very polite email saying that you can't give up your job and move back to Ohio under those conditions. I'm not even sure I'd house sit for the month but that part is up to you.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Gutmutter, I'm sorry to hear this. It's really, really tough when someone doesn't keep an agreement (even if it's not in writing), especially on such short notice. You've been selling/giving stuff away to move...and now there's a wrench in the works.

I'd take it to phone, not email (with your mother) to find out why and let your feelings be known. Maybe she doesn't realize the impact of changing horses midstream, and the terms can be renegotiated or reinstated.

Are you sure that you can keep/get back your job? I'd make sure of that before telling anyone anything or making a decision, unless money isn't an issue.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread