+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well the house where I was raised, there WERE drunks and heavy smokers. We were never taken inside liquor stores but we sure were left in the car while they had a few beers to see them through till they clould get back to the house to REALLY tie one on. I have a very low tolerance for anyoe who drinks in front of kids but I realize that it's a personal thing and not everyone shares my hangup. And if anyone ever fixed one of my kids their little kiddie cocktail, or whatever those cherry and sword things are called, I would not be responsible for my actions.

Oh Mudah, I used to love Shirley Temples, it was the class act when you were 5 to 8 and then when you got to be about 11 years old it was "are you kidding, just get me a coke please" I know my kids have never had one but a local resterant here makes a drink for kids with 7up and fruit punch with the lovely little umbralla, which is all my kids want anyway is the lovely little paper umbralla.

I can remember the teachers smoking in the teacher's lounge and on the playground during play ground duty. I don't ever recall the students being able to smoke in high school but I know you could buy cigerettes really easy at the teen center/pinball area.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Boy what an exasperating experience that fall festival thing turned out to be. I only had to work a little over an hour and in that time, that darn Moonwalk thing collapsed about a dozen times. We'd have to yell at the kids to get out in a hurry. Then in about ten minutes it would be all back up and safe again. I got into a small disagreement with the woman in charge. If the kids had just given their tickets and gotten in, then had to get right back out she didn't want to let them back in. Make them go away and let a new group in. Oh no!! I gave them all their tickets back when they came out, and let them get back in when the thing was aired up again. I don't know if she finally saw things my way, or was just humoring the old lady, but she gave in. That was all I asked, just let ME run it, okay?

Good thing was that my college kid came home last night and he went with me to the festival. Good to see him. He is making friends at college and he and a group of dorm mates went to Gatlinburg last weekend.

nimcp, I can remember when my youngest kid was in about seventh or eighth grade, his teacher spent half her time in the lounge smoking. The kids were just given reading assignments to occupy them.

MRD
    The only time I saw my HS Sr. English teacher was when she took roll and handed out the assignments, even the tests, as she then disappeared to the lounge. It was her last year of 40 years of teaching and she could have cared less what we did, she wanted to be left alone to smoke. We all suspected she had a bottle stashed somewhere too and I wouldn't have been surprised if she did.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2120534;
    Boy what an exasperating experience that fall festival thing turned out to be. I only had to work a little over an hour and in that time, that darn Moonwalk thing collapsed about a dozen times. We'd have to yell at the kids to get out in a hurry. Then in about ten minutes it would be all back up and safe again. I got into a small disagreement with the woman in charge. If the kids had just given their tickets and gotten in, then had to get right back out she didn't want to let them back in. Make them go away and let a new group in. Oh no!! I gave them all their tickets back when they came out, and let them get back in when the thing was aired up again. I don't know if she finally saw things my way, or was just humoring the old lady, but she gave in. That was all I asked, just let ME run it, okay?
    I think it's good that you were there to supervise the moonwalk. Poor kids - the thing collapses so they have to wait in line again? Where was her logic?
    You must have been exhausted when you were finished!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Well I discovered that lifting doesn't set well with me. Many of the little kids had to be lifted into the moonwalk and today I can barely raise my left arm. I think my shoulder is dislocated.

The whole time Iwas there I thought of Texi and how she hates those Moonwalks.

MRD
    Well after 3 years, I am off to the daily grind starting today.

I am nervous, but not bad and I am resigned to working. I really don't want too, but if I want to be clothes and have my hair cut and eat and all those things, I need to go back to work!

I obviously won't be on FORT much, but I will check in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good luck with your new job myrosie! Going back to work after taking some years off is intimidating but you will do great. I'm actually quitting my part-time job so that I can find something full-time and I'm nervous about going through the whole interview process thing again. I gave my other job until the first week of Dec. to find a replacement so I have a little time before I have to jump back in.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Happy first day of your new job, myrosiedog! Knock 'em dead!

Good luck! Display on the job the same wit and charm that you exhibit here, and you'll be their star employee
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread