+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I agree with Gutmutter also, but I say start at 350.00 and if you get no takers go down in 25.00 increments. Don't forget to include done by hand....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FoRTer

Duxxy - What a great job you did!
    I agree with the pricing gutmutter mentioned above (in my area I'd probably ask 150, and expect at least 50 to get rid of it at a great bargain, but I'm in a rural area with a lower cost of living base). I can see it selling easily for more in the right market - are there any children's boutiques in your area where you might consign it?

Here's an update on my move: I did another marathon dump day (8-3) yesterday. The son of a friend is setting up house for the first time and took almost everything I dropped off at the free room, so that was good. The only furniture in the house now is the big leather couch I'm sleeping on and a massive desk in one of the upstairs bedrooms. They're both staying. I'm typing right now on a folding card table in the middle of the kitchen. I still have one more dump day marathon next Sat. to get rid of stuff in my kids' rooms upstairs. I still have a lot of organizing to do with the STUFF up there. I'll have to take a day off work this week. My last day of work is the 16th, oncologist appt. on the 17th, then Ohio-bound on the 18th. Wish me luck!
    Count your blessings!

thanks everyone! I did put it on Kijiji (as Craigs list isn't really in use here) for $40 and it hasn't generated any interest colts thanks for the idea! I didn't even consider consignment, we have 2 or 3 children's consignment shops here.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3925069;
    Wish me luck!
    Goes without saying.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Gut, you have accomplished so much in the last couple of months. I wish you tons of luck in the remaining few weeks, and endless luck once you get to Ohio!

Duxxy, I love that piece! I don't know about pricing larger pieces like that, but with jewelry, you always take your cost and at least double it. I'd figure out how much it cost you to make and double that....and if it still doesn't feel like enough, triple it! $25 isn't even close to enough. It still looks like it's in brand new condition, so it doesn't need to be under-priced.

Good luck with the rest of your move, Gut! The last part is always the hardest - all the little things you have to take care of seem to take way too much time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3925070;
    thanks everyone! I did put it on Kijiji (as Craigs list isn't really in use here) for $40 and it hasn't generated any interest colts thanks for the idea! I didn't even consider consignment, we have 2 or 3 children's consignment shops here.
    wow I thought craigslist was everywhere!

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Gut, Here's to the start of your new life in Ohio! I hope that everything goes smoothly these last few days before the big move. Please keep us updated on how it's going and when you get there, etc.
    What an adventure!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Whew, I feel so out of touch here!!! My son graduated from high school last Sunday and we had an open house for him last evening. My life has kind of revolved around end of high school activities for the past month.

We were really blessed last night as our open house was from 7-10pm. We'd had a lot of rain lately and it poured some in the afternoon so we weren't sure whether or not we'd be able to be outside. We set up a borrowed tent on Friday evening, but left the tables and chairs in the garage until 6. We split the difference and put one in the living room, and only two in the tent.

It was misting a little at 7, but stopped shortly thereafter and didn't begin sprinkling again until about 10:30, when we were putting everything away in the garage. After we were done it started pouring, then the lightning and thunder started all around us. Then the tornado siren went off just before 11, so we headed to the basement. We were fine, but that horrible tornado in Lake Township, Ohio that has killed 7 people so far and destroyed the high school and police department was just 8 miles east of us. The first touchdown was about 3 miles east of here. It was a scary night as the sirens went off again at 2:30am.

This area gets tornadoes occasionally, but I've never known any to be this destructive before.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread