+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6520Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3916971;
    I guess so.

Only one party. But it was a doozy.

I'm having some weird physical reactions lately, not just the sleeping, so am chalking them up to living with stress daily for a couple months.
    I'm taking a class this summer on Stress Management and it really is amazing what prolonged stress does to your health.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Nout really sure where I should put this, so I'm adding it in here and hope you can help.

A friend of mine recently started giving beauty tips on a weekly Internet radio show. She's asked me to go ahead and do a blog for her online. Said purpose would be to provide info on some products featured, tips, pictures, perhaps a summary of the show, etc.

I do a blog for the Library of which I'm Sec'y of the Board.
    However, I've not done blogs for others.
    She is going to pay me to do this.

Does anybody know what is / should be charged for this type of work? I don't want to over charge, but I do know all the time it takes and I don't want to do it gratis, either.

Many thanks, in advance.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Lil Bit, I really need a class like that. I've been doing meditation and it helps, but there are so many places where you just can't stop, find a quiet spot and meditate.
    When all this was first going on with my husband he told me "you don't handle stress well." I just looked at him and said: "and do you actually know ANYONE that does?"

NRH, what about charging hourly? Or google it. I recently went on a job interview and I googled what the average salary was for the position I was interviewing for so I had something to negotiate for in the interview.
    That might give you some idea of what to charge.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3917440;
    Lil Bit, I really need a class like that. I've been doing meditation and it helps, but there are so many places where you just can't stop, find a quiet spot and meditate.
    When all this was first going on with my husband he told me "you don't handle stress well." I just looked at him and said: "and do you actually know ANYONE that does?"

NRH, what about charging hourly? Or google it. I recently went on a job interview and I googled what the average salary was for the position I was interviewing for so I had something to negotiate for in the interview.
    That might give you some idea of what to charge.

Actually, I did, and the rates are all over the map, esp. for blogging.
    That's why I'm looking to get some input.

By the way, MRD, Yoga can be particularly effective for stress.
    Also, my step sister swears by her daily meditations. She blocks everything out with them.
    For me, the best stress reducer is exercise. It just enables you to "zone out" from your troubles and just focus on whatever exercise you're doing. Just pick something you really like and stick with it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Walking is very nice for stress, whether it's on a treadmill or you work it into a daily outdoor ritual. I prefer it in the mornings, with headphones. It's amazing how you can get off into yourself doing that. I prefer a nice walking track where there are other people, and you can measure your distances easier. I used to collect a pocketful of little rocks to discard everytime I'd make a lap. It took 16 rocks to make 4 miles on my track. It gives you encouragement to see other people out there walking...especially if they are older people. And it's free!! I'd stretch before walking and after. Sure made me feel good and tolerant of other people who would, ordinarily, really get on my nerves....husband, child, boss, crappy drivers, etc. And my body really benefitted, too. I worked out a lot of problems on that track.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3916971;
    ...I'm having some weird physical reactions lately, not just the sleeping, so am chalking them up to living with stress daily for a couple months.
    Stress does weird things with CFIDS/fibromyalgia exacerbations, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Exercise, meditation, Yoga, eating properly and getting enough sleep are all effective in handling stress. The exercise, good nutrition and sleep all give your body the strength it needs to fight the effects that stress has on it. I've always wanted to try Yoga, but haven't yet. I've been reading some about imagery and meditation, which seem to be pretty simple to do and you don't need a class or any special training to do them.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

No one handles stress well, that's why they call it stress! My parents practice Transcendental Meditation and I think most types of meditation are pretty simple as LB says. The basic jist is to say a word or phrase over and over in order to calm your conscious mind. One of my friends who doesn't do TM but is a psychologist told me that repeating a phrase like 'peace be still' over and over can calm an anxious mind and I try it when I can't get to sleep and find that it helps. Breathing deeply, in just through your nose and out just through your mouth, is supposed to help release some stress from your body. MRD try that a few times a day and taking a short walk, as Shay said, maybe at night when it's cooler down there and let us know if that helps any.
    Last edited by chrisg; 05-29-2010 at 01:16 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3917686;
    Stress does weird things with CFIDS/fibromyalgia exacerbations, too.
    How well I know this. And it's causing another problem that is causing me concern as I know it's going to interfere with my anemia problems.

I have been walking and swimming and I meditate. My biggest problem is what to do about immediate stress. I'm not always in a spot where I can just up and go exercise and meditate and the stress level will build up until I am ready to explode.

I find really good meditation when I can acheive it releases stress and is a huge attitude adjustment.

I wish I stil had my punching bag and boxing gloves. That was an immediate stress reliever.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - Once you've been meditating a while you have access to that state of mind by just doing a couple of deep breaths with the intention of tapping into that mind/space. If it is a person you're dealing with who is physically present, do a 2 breath Tonglen for them right then and there... breathe in their anger, breathe out lovingkindness a couple of times. If they ask what they're doing, tell them you're counting to 10. Most people recognize that as a sign you're losing your temper and will back off a little. Or ask for a time out. Tell the person you need to step away for a minute or you'll say something you'll regret. That's not a sign of weakness! It's a sign that you know yourself and are trying to control the situation. You might look into Silva Mind Control, too. Once I'm settled in Ohio I'll see if I can find my book on that and loan it to you. Good stuff.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread