+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3909055;
    Yes, but then it just becomes an interrelated calculation. There are formulas to figure it out.
    Thanks for answering. I have no clue what an interrelated calculation is but I think I understand what you are saying. Essentially they figure the formula and give enough money to cover all the taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3909000;
    If you have asthma, you might want to consider giving up commercial cleaners (detergents, Windex, chlorine bleach, etc.) as these all exacerbate the condition. I stopped using anything but vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and environmentally safe soaps for dishes and laundry about twenty years ago and my asthma now only shows up for very brief periods every few years during the worst (hottest, dirtiest, most humid) days of summer. For any worries about germs (and honestly, people worry way too much about them), vinegar and hydrogen peroxide work just as well as those things commercials try to scare you into using. And a big bonus for pet owners, a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide works wonders getting rid of the smell of pet accidents.

Rattus,

Thanks for the heads up. I actually use vinegar and water when cleaning the floors.
    As far as the hydrogen peroxide, that contains bleach. I'd be afraid to use it on most things. It's bleached stains into my carpets / clothing in the past when I've accidentally spilled it.
    Do you have some way you recommend to use it where it doesn't beach things out?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3909181;
    Rattus,

Thanks for the heads up. I actually use vinegar and water when cleaning the floors.
    As far as the hydrogen peroxide, that contains bleach. I'd be afraid to use it on most things. It's bleached stains into my carpets / clothing in the past when I've accidentally spilled it.
    Do you have some way you recommend to use it where it doesn't beach things out?
    Thanks
    I've never had an issue with it bleaching anything, but then I've never poured it on natural fibres. I use a spray bottle and usually on hard surfaces. I do use it on the carpets, though, including the 100% wool one in the living room. What I do there is spray a light mist over it and use a deck broom (really stiff bristles) to get cat hair up - it works much better than the vacuum cleaner and helps deodorize as well.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hydrogen peroxide can also be used to gargle with! I remember having to do it, at my dentist's directions (but I don't remember why) and it was not my most pleasant experience, but it is safe to use for that. Eeeeewwwww....... And I've used it to take blood out of my clothes, without bleaching. You can drink hydrogen peroxide without danger; it breaks down into water and dioxide....which will make you belch (or expel gas by that other means but more likely, belch). Learned that in chemistry in college.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

THanks to both of you.

Shay,
    My mom used to have us gargle with it, so I do know about it.

Rattus,

Thanks for pinpointing how / how much.

I'm a bleach fantatic as well. I use it alot when cleaning. If I've cooked someting that smells the whole house, especially fish, I'll fill up the kitchen sink with hot water, dish soap and bleach. I'll leave there overnight, and it takes the smells away.

I also always put some in the dishwasher when I run it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3909181;
    As far as the hydrogen peroxide, that contains bleach.
    Huh? Where did you hear that?
    Bleach -- sodium hypochlorite -- is NaOCl (sodium, oxygen, chlorine) is not present at all in hydrogen peroxide: H2O2 (hydrogen and oxygen -- no chlorine, no sodium).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3909512;
    Huh? Where did you hear that?
    Bleach -- sodium hypochlorite -- is NaOCl (sodium, oxygen, chlorine) is not present at all in hydrogen peroxide: H2O2 (hydrogen and oxygen -- no chlorine, no sodium).
    You may want to check the ingredients in hair dyes, tooth whiteners, and a myriad of other items. Peroxide has been used for bleaching for many years.

MRD

Peroxide has been used to remove color for ages. But it is not bleach. As Ellen said, the chemical composition is different. Bleach is toxic, peroxide is not.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

One drawback to using hydrogen pyroxide is that it apparently eats away tissue (even healthy tissue). For years, people used it straight to rinse/clean out their dogs' ears (maybe even people's ears), but a vet told me not to use it.

If you've ever put it on wounds, you can see it bubbling/foaming up. I used to think that was just it "working" on the bacteria.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread