+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5888Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #15021
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,941

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I use a neti pot when I'm congested or suffering allergies. It doesn't always work for me completely, but it always helps. Are you making the water too hot by any chance? You don't want to burn your nasal passages. I like it on the hot side, but have to be careful not to go too hot. My favorite part is that when I have allergies my eyes itch like crazy and it rinses out the tear ducts, too.
    Count your blessings!

  2. #15022
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,519

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3899991;
    I use a neti pot when I'm congested or suffering allergies. It doesn't always work for me completely, but it always helps. Are you making the water too hot by any chance? You don't want to burn your nasal passages. I like it on the hot side, but have to be careful not to go too hot. My favorite part is that when I have allergies my eyes itch like crazy and it rinses out the tear ducts, too.
    I was actually a bit paranoid about the water temp and may have had it on the cool side. It was really closer to lukewarm than warm. I'm going to give it another shot this evening and try to get the water a better temp!

    This morning when I did it, it was also much easier to get the solution to flow from the right than from the left, so I'm thinking maybe one side was just more blocked. Maybe now with time to break things up a bit it will get through more easily!

  3. #15023
    Miz Smarty Britches queenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    running for the border
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,776

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    It does take a while to figure out what's perfect for you! When you mention being 'sensitive", I assume you mean burning to whatever degree; if you fail to use distilled water, or water you have boiled the chlorine out of, that can happen. But in my opinion, the very worst discomfort is when the water is too cool; I don't know if my body thinks it's drowning or what, but too cool water makes my whole nose and throat burn like the devil! (Like Goldilock's porridge, it has to be juuust right; somewhere from body temperature to just a couple of degrees more)
    I've had to be 'off' my Neti for a couple of weeks, and am anxiously awaiting permission to start again, hopefully Friday. I had been coughing horribly for several months, and had to go have some 'spots' removed from my vocal cords this week and have to see the doc again before I'm allowed to Neti. Or talk above the very quietest whisper...yikes!
    Hopefully the 'spots' were only scarring from smoking years ago, but I'm betting the doc found something else when he checked inside the voice box while I was out; my cough had gotten ridiculous, and now only comes about 1 time a day. I actually hope there was a bump or something making my airway so overreactive; I had gotten so bad I rarely slept, and it would be nice to not have to worry about being that way 3/4 of the time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

  4. #15024
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,941

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Hope it all turns out ok, queenb! I use tap water and the pre-packaged solution.
    Count your blessings!

  5. #15025
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Have you ever heard of Nick Vujicic?

    Imagine being born without arms. No arms to wrap around someone, no hands to experience touch, or to hold another hand with. Or what about being born without legs? Having no ability to dance, walk, run, or even stand on two feet. Now put both of those scenarios together: no arms and no legs. What would you do? How would that effect your everyday life?
    I wish everyone could have this man's attitude. Have a tissue ready when you watch this video. This man is quite a motivational speaker.
    YouTube - LOOK AT YOURSELF AFTER WATCHING THIS.

  6. #15026
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,940

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    This may be a question I should be able to figure it out but I just can't. I just heard of a prize of a car on Regis and Kelly. Then they said they will pay the taxes. I understand that part (the paying) and the why of paying the taxes as that can be quite expensive for a 'free gift'. What I don't understand is that when they pay the taxes isn't that money considered part of the win and don't they have to pay taxes on that? In my mind it's a never-ending cycle. I'm sure I'm missing something but can't quite figure it out.

  7. #15027
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,118

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Was at the nail shop today, when an acquaintance who owns a daycare came in with a very tall, very pretty little girl who had a pacifier in her mouth. I asked if this were her daughter...."No, I don't have any kids."....I asked how old the child was..."5!" All I could say was, "Whoa!" The friend just nodded her head. When I was leaving the salon, I turned to say good-bye to everybody....and waved...there stood my "pacifier-loving friend", smiling and waving with no pacifier in her mouth!

    A while ago, I learned that all TALL children are not as old as their height might indicate. I met a mother with a huge "little" boy, cuddled asleep on her lap who looked like he was about 7 years old. HE WAS 3 YEARS OLD!!!! Since he was asleep, I never got to observe his behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #15028
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3900388;
    It does take a while to figure out what's perfect for you! When you mention being 'sensitive", I assume you mean burning to whatever degree; if you fail to use distilled water, or water you have boiled the chlorine out of, that can happen. But in my opinion, the very worst discomfort is when the water is too cool; I don't know if my body thinks it's drowning or what, but too cool water makes my whole nose and throat burn like the devil! (Like Goldilock's porridge, it has to be juuust right; somewhere from body temperature to just a couple of degrees more)
    I've had to be 'off' my Neti for a couple of weeks, and am anxiously awaiting permission to start again, hopefully Friday. I had been coughing horribly for several months, and had to go have some 'spots' removed from my vocal cords this week and have to see the doc again before I'm allowed to Neti. Or talk above the very quietest whisper...yikes!
    Hopefully the 'spots' were only scarring from smoking years ago, but I'm betting the doc found something else when he checked inside the voice box while I was out; my cough had gotten ridiculous, and now only comes about 1 time a day. I actually hope there was a bump or something making my airway so overreactive; I had gotten so bad I rarely slept, and it would be nice to not have to worry about being that way 3/4 of the time.
    QueenB,

    I kept getting an on / off cough.
    I got it from 1 of the meds I was taking. I stopped taking the med. Cough is now gone.

    I also had the DR. do a Pulmonary function test, as I was having some trouble, primarily when sleeping, where I felt I couldn't catch my breath. ( I do have mild sleep apnea, but this was beyond that.)
    MY PFT showed I had asthma. It seems to be fairly common nowadays what with bad air, pollutants, etc. You may want to check for that and also see if any meds you are taking are causing you to cough. It's a very common side effect of a majority of meds.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  9. #15029
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3908406;
    MY PFT showed I had asthma. It seems to be fairly common nowadays what with bad air, pollutants, etc.
    If you have asthma, you might want to consider giving up commercial cleaners (detergents, Windex, chlorine bleach, etc.) as these all exacerbate the condition. I stopped using anything but vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and environmentally safe soaps for dishes and laundry about twenty years ago and my asthma now only shows up for very brief periods every few years during the worst (hottest, dirtiest, most humid) days of summer. For any worries about germs (and honestly, people worry way too much about them), vinegar and hydrogen peroxide work just as well as those things commercials try to scare you into using. And a big bonus for pet owners, a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide works wonders getting rid of the smell of pet accidents.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  10. #15030
    Cy Young 2010 Mariner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Waiting for Spring
    Posts
    16,924

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3905494;
    This may be a question I should be able to figure it out but I just can't. I just heard of a prize of a car on Regis and Kelly. Then they said they will pay the taxes. I understand that part (the paying) and the why of paying the taxes as that can be quite expensive for a 'free gift'. What I don't understand is that when they pay the taxes isn't that money considered part of the win and don't they have to pay taxes on that? In my mind it's a never-ending cycle. I'm sure I'm missing something but can't quite figure it out.
    Yes, but then it just becomes an interrelated calculation. There are formulas to figure it out.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.