+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3896806;
    On the water?
    No one of the Boston 'burbs - I can never keep them straight. It is a nice neighborhood with a school playground and playing fields next door... but the school is no longer being used. Only 1/2 mile from public transportation to the city/airport.
    Count your blessings!

I heard a really good suggestion for a way to politely tell people they are being obnoxious in public on their cell phones. You have to seem like you are trying to be helpful. Say something like "Did you know everyone can hear what you are saying? I would hate for the wrong person to overhear your private information." I have a friend who has done it several times and hasn't been hit or punched yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3896592;
    My daughter found an apartment she's very excited about. Thanks to all who kept her in your prayers.
    That's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3897000;
    I heard a really good suggestion for a way to politely tell people they are being obnoxious in public on their cell phones. You have to seem like you are trying to be helpful. Say something like "Did you know everyone can hear what you are saying? I would hate for the wrong person to overhear your private information." I have a friend who has done it several times and hasn't been hit or punched yet!
    Does anyone remember this conversation several years ago and Pomeraniac said she actually called the client of a lawyer who sat near her on the subway talking on his cell about private information? She heard enough to figure out who the client was that was being discussed and let them know about it. I don't think she ever knew the outcome, but I thought that was an incredible thing to do.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut, glad your daughter found an apartment.

Yeah, it's amazing what private information people will talk about in public.

I had to listen to an older gentleman describe his urological problems in DETAIL one time as he was talking LOUDLY into his cell phone. I don't think anyone wanted to know the entire details of his private parts problem. I know I certainly didn't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dear Lord, MRD...wait until your DAD starts talking about his medical stuff and startts saying things about his *****. Talk about wanting to DIE, right there...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I could swear I've heard someone makes cell phone jammers and if ever there is reliable cell phone service on the subway, I would think about getting one. Same for airplanes.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3897833;
    Dear Lord, MRD...wait until your DAD starts talking about his medical stuff and startts saying things about his *****. Talk about wanting to DIE, right there...
    Not to worry, my dad's been gone almost 11 years. I don't have to hear him talk about that stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have a question for all of you FORT neti pot users. I have been having a terrible allergy season this year. I have been getting back into a regular exercise routine this spring, but it is annoying when I can't breathe well due to my allergy congestion!! I picked up a neti pot and tried it for the first time this morning. The good news is that is was WAY easier than I was anticipating! Initially it really cleared me up on the right side, and improved the left side but did not clear completely. A few hours later it feels like it flip flopped and I'm clearer on the left but my nose feels quite sensitive. So at this point I have a few questions:

(1) Does it take a few times to really get everything cleared out?
    (2) Should I be doing something beforehand to help loosen everything up (maybe throwing a hot washcloth across my face)?
    (3) Is it typical for the nose to be sensitive once you have cleared it up after being congested for months and months?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Would you believe that I just did some neti pot reading, but I have been a neti pot believer for several years, and I love to use mine.

1. I've only had a time or two when I wasn't feeling better after my first use, but when it has happened, I have done a repeat flush. Did you blow your nose first? Always a good place to start.

2. If you think that a hot washcloth may help then, by all means, use it. It won't hurt.

3. The nose can be sensitive after you've used the neti pot, but the reason may be the concentration of what you've put in the pot. Some people prefer to also add baking soda to their mixture, but I've never seen a need for it. I use only kosher salt.

PM me if you'd like to talk more about this.

Neti is my "godsend". Stops sinus headaches almost immediately, and stops sneezing attacks quickly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread