+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ooo, love my fitflops - like walking on marshmallows.
    I think there was a bit of discussion a while back about Sketchers and shoes like them in the "consumer reports" thread, though I can't recall what the consensus was.
    remember to play

I couldn't find that thread yesterday. I'll try again.
    I just looked through the last 7 pages and can't find it. It gives me a headache to scroll through pages like that. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 04-30-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, Sister.....here's your thread. Look towards the back.

FORTers' consumer reports

I think these shoes are more about toning your muscles, which will make your body "shrink" and as the muscles tighten. Shrinkage can be good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks prhoshay and Spoose for finding the consumer reports thread for me. I'm still cross-eyed from looking before. I guess I'll have to get some and report back to everyone.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3890343;
    I have a few pairs of the Fitflops, which are essentially the same thing (I think that they're the original brand). I think that losing weight is too much to ask of them, but they are extremely comfortable. I read an article by someone who tested their claims and, of course, most of them were quite overstated, but they apparently do work on strengthening feet and knees, which was my primary reason for getting them in the first place. Plus, as I mentioned, comfortable.
    Ooh -- I want to try those, as my current sports sandals are wearing out. I regularly walk between three and four-and-a-half miles each morning as part of my job, and I live in sandals. So comfortable is good -- and strengthening knees (ugghhh!) would be heaven!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3891324;
    Ooh -- I want to try those, as my current sports sandals are wearing out. I regularly walk between three and four-and-a-half miles each morning as part of my job, and I live in sandals. So comfortable is good -- and strengthening knees (ugghhh!) would be heaven!
    I have severe knee, feet and back troubles, but yesterday we did seven kilometres on my birthday shopping spree, and while I am still feeling it, it is not nearly as bad as it has been in the past wearing sport or other sorts of sandals. I am sold.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

what the heck is a fitflop?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So, no more Crocs, Rattus? I don't think the Fitflops have as much of a 'rocker' on the bottom as the shoes I've seen--I might like to try them. The only problem is, I can't wear between the toe shoes, tyhey bug me even after my skin gets tough enough for them. And the ONE Fit flop with no toe thong is even more expensive than the others, and I about died when i sdaw $55 for flip flops!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3891989;
    So, no more Crocs, Rattus? I don't think the Fitflops have as much of a 'rocker' on the bottom as the shoes I've seen--I might like to try them. The only problem is, I can't wear between the toe shoes, tyhey bug me even after my skin gets tough enough for them. And the ONE Fit flop with no toe thong is even more expensive than the others, and I about died when i sdaw $55 for flip flops!
    Actually, I do still have approximately 50 pairs of Crocs in backup storage (I did tell you that I intended to make sure I have enough to last me until I die), but it is a good idea to alternate shoe styles. I don't care for the between-the-toes thing either, but did get a pair anyway for putting on easily to wear around the house. I bought two pair of the kind with the regular across the foot/ankle straps - one for the office, one for home - because sometimes the Croc is just not the right footwear (some would say it is never the right footwear ). I did compare the Fitflops with the Sketchers, and the Sketchers just seemed kind of cheap to me. I've also purchased a different sort of Sketchers in the past based on recommendations and ended up with excruciating heel spurs, so I'm inclined to view them with a jaundiced eye. So far as I can tell at this point, Crocs and Fitflops are the only shoes on the planet that don't result in my developing heelspurs.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3892074;
    Actually, I do still have approximately 50 pairs of Crocs in backup storage (I did tell you that I intended to make sure I have enough to last me until I die), but it is a good idea to alternate shoe styles. I don't care for the between-the-toes thing either, but did get a pair anyway for putting on easily to wear around the house. I bought two pair of the kind with the regular across the foot/ankle straps - one for the office, one for home - because sometimes the Croc is just not the right footwear (some would say it is never the right footwear ). I did compare the Fitflops with the Sketchers, and the Sketchers just seemed kind of cheap to me. I've also purchased a different sort of Sketchers in the past based on recommendations and ended up with excruciating heel spurs, so I'm inclined to view them with a jaundiced eye. So far as I can tell at this point, Crocs and Fitflops are the only shoes on the planet that don't result in my developing heelspurs.
    I'm with you on the Crocs
    I have to wear my Muck boots and shoes around the farm and on landscape jobs, but as soon as I come in the house on go my Crocs.
    Have you seen the style of croc called Patricia? A bit dressier...

+ Reply to Thread