+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

STUFF is a much better word than "junk". My apologies! Got my directions confused, too, I guess!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Hey now, think about it. If it wasn't for packrats and all their "stuff", history musuems would not have anything to put on exhibit. We get donations all the time from families that found this "stuff" in the attic and donated it to us. We have a full WW One uniform. Dress and battle, gas mask, pack, mess kit. Basically everything but the soldiers shoes and gun, thanks to someone who found it in the family home in a trunk where their grandfather packed it and put it when he returned from Europe in 1919.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

La, la, la, la, la... I can't hear you! I'm having enough trouble throwing stuff out!
    Count your blessings!

For those of you who know about the St. Joseph trick to help you sell a house, I saved the Joseph out of the creche that I took to my mom's but couldn't bring myself to bury him upside down in the garden. I left him out on the kitchen counter under a vase of daffodils and under his watchful eye while I was gone, the house was shown and sold.
    I'm a believer!!!

I'm the opposite, I am not a packrat, I throw out or donate "stuff" all the time. I have a continuous "for charity" bag in a spare room. 9 times out of 10, when throwing something out, I know that if I ever need it, I can buy it at the dollar store. I can't watch that show "hoarders" or whatever its called. I watched it for 5 minutes once, and that was it, couldn't stand it. Maybe I do have a problem.

Ellen: good luck on your walk!

Just curious... has anyone here tried the Skechers Shape Up shoes? They have a rounded bottom and claim to tone your lower body and core, improve your posture, get rid of foot, leg, and back pain, lose weight, etc. All the comments of people who have them seem to be positive. They're a little pricey, but for all those benefits, I'd sure try them if they work.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3889860;
    Just curious... has anyone here tried the Skechers Shape Up shoes? They have a rounded bottom and claim to tone your lower body and core, improve your posture, get rid of foot, leg, and back pain, lose weight, etc. All the comments of people who have them seem to be positive. They're a little pricey, but for all those benefits, I'd sure try them if they work.
    I have the same question about the Reebok Easy Tone shoes. They make the same kind of claims. I have been interested in getting a pair, but I have been doing a lot of hiking lately and I'm afraid these would have to stay on flat surfaces. If anyone here has tried these, I would love to know what you think and would like to hear about these Sketchers as well!

The right shoes can improve performance - i.e. running shoes with extra cushioning.
    However, a claim that you can lose weight or anything similar by wearing these shoes is a bit over the top.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I know people that have them, and they do say you have to 'work' your legs to stay balanced, so there may be SOME benefit. However, these gals all say they would not DARE wear them on anything but paved or indoor surfaces--too unstable. Which means I don't need any!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3888735;
    Ellen: good luck on your walk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3887343;
    Ellen - good luck on your walk! That's great that your husband has done so well with his transplant.
    Thanks so much -- I appreciate it!
    National Kidney Foundation - 2010 Kidney Walk:
    (Somehow, the previous link was not the right one; it just went to the general walk site. When I tested this one, it went to my page.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-29-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3889860;
    I have a few pairs of the Fitflops, which are essentially the same thing (I think that they're the original brand). I think that losing weight is too much to ask of them, but they are extremely comfortable. I read an article by someone who tested their claims and, of course, most of them were quite overstated, but they apparently do work on strengthening feet and knees, which was my primary reason for getting them in the first place. Plus, as I mentioned, comfortable.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread